Your first post on the SDMB

So how about it, fellow dopers? What was you first post?
Mine was: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=79072

And it was about a caving website that I thought was interesting.

What do gnats eat?

I know mine was in Esprix’s first “Ask the Gay Guy!” thread…third or fourth page, I think. Lemme check…

Here it is.

Odd, I had thought my first post was more profound. Doper Locals

Mine first was Friday, I’ll always love you, about my Golden Retreiver.
:frowning:

Mine must have gotten destroyed when the boards crashed earlier this year.

Someone started a thread with a title like ‘What are your secret single behaviors?’

Mine was that I pee in the sink.

This is mine, not an auspicious beginning, but hey…I had to start somewhere :smiley:

I asked why white noise relaxes us. I don’t recall that anyone bothered to respond.

[hijack]

I’ll respond. It doesn’t relax me. It annoys the hell out of me.

[/hijack]

Hmmm…I thought my first post was about gas tanks, but, after searching, I see I started a thread in March of 2000 regarding the gameshow Who wants to be a millionaire. I even stated that it was my first post. Biff! Zap! Pow!

Mine was mostly to see if I could post properly – I popped into the “Comments on Cecil’s Columns” forum, and with respect to Cecil’s Column on the “Rule of Thumb.”

IIIRC, I wrote: “I agree with Cecil.”

[sub]Of course, I gave a reason too… [/sub]

Why are ALL wars fought?

It was a year ago…the board crashed or something and I had to re-register in March…

I asked what I needed to know to have a happy and fufilling experience here at the SDMB…Rue and Canadian Sue were especially kind (thank guys!) then Crunchy Frog swooped in and I was introduced to the epic newbie threads.

Highly recomended!

Mine was about finding a pile of crap in my frieght elevator at work but I don’t think I know how to post a link…(I am such a newbie loser). It did, however, include some classic King Nifty contributions. Such as:

etc.

:smiley:

It was so long ago, I won’t burden the hamsters with a link, but it was in the thread called “Thread.”

The search function reveals that my first post is
right here.

For bonus points it was also a thread killer.

However, I think my real first post was a question in GQ that was lost in a hamster hiccup.

I can’t remember now what it was. The earliest one that shows up on a search is boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=105926

I hope I did that right. I know I had earlier posts although I didn’t post for a while because I was using a dial up service that rhymes with Pay-O-Hell, and it was too damn slow.

Here it is.

Typical, a short comment about songs I hate. My posts haven’t improved much, I’m sorry to say.

I need to try that again and see if I can get it right. Here’s my earliest shown post.

this is my second post! yay!!!