The Saddest Movie Ever

What film alone has squeezed the most tears out of your ducts? Which film has left you the most misty or watery eyed, or just left you feeling depressed the rest of the day?

My vote goes to Dancer In The Dark… Left me hysterical for at least half an hour I just lay on the couch and was very very sad, unable to move.

And you???

Boys on the Side.

By the time the end credits roll, I’m useless for a good 15 minutes.

The ending in “Romeo is Bleeding” just broke my heart…

“Sometimes she stays a little longer…”

Speaking as a guy…

“Turner and Hooch” :frowning:

Probably “Grave of the Fireflies.”

Old Yeller
Dondi

Ghost World

I didn’t find Ghost World all that sad… the characters were more pitiable than anything else.

My vote for most depressing movie would be Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

Where the Red Fern Grows

Grave of the Fireflies… I can never watch that one again.

Awakenings with Robet DeNiro and Robin Williams.

Elephant Man

I’ll never watch it again.

das boot!

Edward Scissorhands. Poor Edward is just so ill-used. Whenever that movie comes on I have to change the channel because as soon as I see even one scene (no matter which) I start to tear up.

–Cliffy

My Life

Especially if you’re a man who looks forward to someday being a dad.

Roommates, with D.B. Sweeney and Peter Falk. This one is just really sad for anyone who was close to a grandparent while growing up.

If anyone’s ever seen “The Plague Dogs” - that’s one sad cartoon.
Good though - I’d recommend it, not for the kids.

Another vote for Grave of the Fireflies. In terms of pure heart-wrenching sadness, I don’t see how anything else could compare.

Another vote for Dancer in the Dark . Jesus, that movie ruined me for the rest of the night when I saw it. I was literally BAWLING.

Also, the “choice” part in Sophie’s Choice really gets me because I have a little girl.

Pride of the Yankees …Gherig’s farewell speech still breaks me up.

Gettysburg …the sheer loss of life and the courage to keep going.