What are some good sources for fashionable young women's shoes in larger sizes 11+

Asking for my 16 year old daughter. Roxy and the other “cute” stuff she likes seems to top out around size 9-10 or so in the stores around here.

Astro, I understand your daughter’s dilemma completely; I wear an 11W myself (and was 11B for many years). I also lived in “slower” Delaware during my HS years (Milford), so am familiar with the stores in your general area. My suggestion is to go online or to catalogs (or both!).

Massey’s shoes has been in business for many years; they carry a wide variety of hard-to-find sizes (both large & small). I just checked out a website for them; it’s: http://www.auditionsshoes.com

They had an icon for their Spring-Summer 2003 collection; you can also search by size. There are also plenty of other Shoe sites online, many of which do carry size 11; I’d suggest doing a Google search first, then checking out some of the sites that come up. I can’t think of any URLs off the top of my head (unfortunately!), but I’ll do some searching and if I find anything else interesting, I’ll post it here.

Good luck to Roxy–I know she’ll be able to find something on the 'net! If not on the net, sign up for a catalog so she can look at them there.

The department store Nordstrom’s carries larger sizes in shoes; I don’t know if there might be a Nordstrom’s on the Eastern shore, but if there is, you might want to check it out. Might be a bit pricey, though, I’ll warn ya. Sorry! As an absolute last resort, Payless Shoes carries sizes to 12. I say last resort, because the styles I saw there in 11s weren’t in any way appealing to me. LOL Roxy’s taste may vary greatly from mine though. :smiley:

Hope this helps some, and good luck! :slight_smile:

The Lane Bryant catalog and online catalog (which differ a bit) both offer large size shoes, and WAY too many of them are very young styles, or else I am a very old person.

OK, i’m a very old person, but the shoes are quite acceptable to my teenaged and early 20’s nieces.

I think Roaman’s catalog has similar shoes.

DD

begging to differ, but I really like the styles you can pick up at Payless. I’ve found several knock offs of the $200 variety for about $20 which is a pretty nice discount.

astro - I’ve heard that you can order online (www.payless.com) and have free delivery to your nearest store. I’m a big fan of browsing online. Good luck!

Yes, as I pointed out, Roxy’s likes may vary from mine - greatly! :smiley: I used to think that Starr Jones doesn’t wear those Payless Shoes (her TV ads)… but apparently she rreally does! They do sell many “knock-offs;” they’re just not what I would wear–either knock-off or the “real deal.” LOL I may pay a visit to Payless this weekend though–I’m searching for a nice, flat sandal… hopefully I’ll find something.

Steve Madden has an 11+ page on their website. These are extremely cute, youth oriented shoes.

Maryland Square may not be hip enough for her, but they do come in a lot of sizes

twicks (10C)

you’re right tarragon, I missed the disclaimer. I probably just jumped the gun b/c last week I had to draaaag my friend into Payless to prove to her that there were indeed cute styles there now. She thought it was all old granny stuff. Not true! So she got 2 pairs of shoes.