Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

Any one remember how to play?

Connect any actor to Kevin Bacon in 6 movies or less…

For Example:

Bill Cosby

Bill Cosby was in Lets Do it Again with Sidney Poitier who was in

Sneakers with Robert Redford who was in

Indecent Proposal with Demi Morre who was in

A few good men with KEVIN BACON

Simple

Now you try

Bill Murry

Bill Murray was in Stripes w/John Candy
who was in Planes Trains and Automobiles w/Kevin Bacon
Kevin Spacey

There used to be a website called The Oracle of Bacon (there still may be; I haven’t checked) that used the IMDB to find the connections. Kind of kills this as a game, but it’s fun. It kind of cheats, though … all kinds of “actors” show up as connections, like footage of FDR in “Contact,” IIRC.

Kevin Spacey was in Pay It Forward with Helen Hunt who was in As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon.

Martin Henderson

Martin Henderson was in Windtalkers with Nicholas Cage
who was in Amos and Andrew with Samuel L. Jackson
who was in Changing Lanes with William Hurt
who was in Dark City with Keifer Sutherland
who was in Flatliners with Kevin Bacon

Brad Douriff

Here’s the Oracle of Bacon, and the more general Star Links.

AS starter of this Thread I rull all use of the above links as CHEATING and just not fair!

I mean it just defeats the entire purpose of the game

Can I reuse previous jumps? If so, Brad Dourif was in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest with Jack Nicholson who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon.

Otherwise, hmm, Brad Dourif was in the Two Towers with Tobey Macguire who was in Spiderman with Kirsten Dunst who was in Interview with a Vampire with Tom Cruise who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon.

Tobey Maguire was in The Two Towers? Since when?

How about, Brad Dourif was in The Two Towers with Viggo Mortensen, who was in Daylight with Sylvester Stallone, who was in Cop Land with Robert De Niro, who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon.

Forgot to add a new one. How about:

Chris Farley

Yikes, brain fart, I got Tobey Maguire and Elijah Woods mixed up again. Silly hobbit-like folk!

And we both forgot to give another starting point. I’ll let you do that since I screwed up on my second one.

Duke to Kevin Bacon…how many degrees?

I was married to (ex-wife’s name deleted)

(Ex-wife’s name deleted)'s supervisor at Linacre, Oxford was Heather O’Donoghue

Heather O’Donoghue is a friend and colleague of Seamus Heaney (yes, the Nobel Literature laureate)

Seamus Heaney composed a new translation of Beowulf, which was adapted into a new film version of Beowulf in 1999, starring Christopher Lambert

Christopher Lambert was in Road Killers with Josh Brolin

Josh Brolin was in Hollow Man starring, of course, Kevin Bacon.

All right, so I cheated by using Bill H.'s link (thanks for that, Bill). But it’s pretty cool to know even non-actors can be six degrees from Kevin Bacon too.

Casting down the gauntlet, eh Duke?

Okay, from a person perspective: ShibbOleth to Kevin Bacon

Shibb’s second cousin was Mac Davis’ manager. Mac Davis was in North Dallas Forty with Dabney Coleman. Dabney Colman was in Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman. Dustin Hofman was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon. What’s that, four jumps or five?

I was an extra in Topgun with Tom Cruise.
Tom Cruise was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon.

Chris Farley was in * Coneheads* with
Dan Akroyd who was in * My Girl* with
Macculey Culkin who was in * Home Alone* with
John Candy who was in * JFK* with
Kevin Bacon
Next … Seth Green

Seth Green is in “The Italian Job” with Donald Sutherland
Donald Sutherland was in “JFK” with Kevin Bacon

Try…

Fatty Arbuckle

Hey, my brother-in-law knows Weird Al Yankovic.

Has no bearing on this game, but I like to bring it up whenever possible

Chris Farley was in Black Sheep w/Tim Matheson
who was in Animal House w/Kevin Bacon

Do you think Kevin Bacon plays six degrees of Kevin Bacon? (Or maybe he’d call it six degrees of me? :))

I’m not sure if it’s cricket to put out a name of someone born in 1933, but (with some IMDB help):

Shemp Howard (yes, that one) was in Close Relations with Fatty Arbuckle. Gene Roth was in Commotion on the Ocean with Shemp. Max van Sydow was in The Greatest Story Ever Told with Gene Roth. Diane Lane was in Judge Dredd with Max. And Kevin Bacon appeared in My Dog Skip with Diane Lane.

Oh, and for the next one:

Humphrey Bogart