Six degrees of Kevin Bacon anyone?

Yes, it’s an old meme, but I’m really bored. Here’s how it works:

I would say “Chris Penn was in Footloose with KB” “Chris Penn was in Corky Romano with Fred Ward, who was in Tremors with KB”. Basically, take an actor that was in a movie with KB (acting, not directing producing etc.) Find an actor that was in a movie with the first actor, that was also in a movie with KB. It’s a bit easier than it sounds. If you doubt this, feel free to enter the name of any actor/actress into the official 6 degrees of Bacon site.

It’s much simpler if we stick to relatively well known actors. If we get stuck, we can go for a do-over.

Feel free to use IMDB for browsing, but don’t use the official Six Degrees site(s).

Also, if this is better suited for CS, please move it. I thought that a game thread might go over better here.

The wikipedia site gives more info in case this is new to you Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon - Wikipedia

Although I am not an actor, I have a Bacon number of 4.

Me
My cousin Annie was married to Dennis Rodman
Dennis Rodman was in the movie The Comebacks with Jim Cody Williams.
Jim Cody Williams was in the movie Rails and Ties with Kevin Bacon.

3-

I met Tony Randall a couple of times when he stayed at a hotel I worked at.
Tony Randall (I) was in The King of Comedy (1983) with Tony Devon
Tony Devon was in Telling Lies in America (1997) with Kevin Bacon

Well, I did not expect to be beaten so quickly. I’m rather proud of my Bacon number. But hey as long as I was beaten, at least it was by one of my favorite posters. :slight_smile:

Apologies- you said NOT to use the Oracle at Bacon (and I have no idea who Tony Devon is), so using actors I know only…

I knew my parents (1)
My parents taught John Denver (2)
Denver was in Oh God with Paul Sorvino (3)
Sorvino was in The Firm with Tom Cruise (4)
Cruise was in A Few Good Men with Bacon (5)

Alternate to above:

I knew my grandmother (1) who as a child knew Ladybird Johnson (2) who was married to Lyndon Johnson (3) who knew RFK (4) who knew Jim Garrison (5) who was in JFK with Kevin Bacon (6) [which is not to say they ever met though I’m sure they both met Stone, which would make it 7, but then I’m guessing Ladybird knew RFK so that takes it back down to 6].

I’m at four.

I taught Jon Cryer’s half brother for two years.
Jon Cryer was in “No Small Affair” with Demi Moore.
Demi Moore was in “A Few Good Men” with Kevin Bacon.

Are we supposed to be doing ourselves, or other actors?

I do myself every day, sometimes twice.

I have a Bacon score of 3.

I was friends with Dennis Quaid’s little sister in college.

dennis quaid has a Bacon number of 2.

Dennis Quaid was in Enemy Mine (1985) with Carolyn McCormick
Carolyn McCormick was in Loverboy (2005) with Kevin Bacon

I just found a way to get me to three.

Kevin Bacon was in “She’s Having a Baby” with Alec Baldwin.
Alec Baldwin was in “Beetle Juice” with a tremendously obscure actress named Rachel Mittelman, whose entire film career consists of the line “they drowned.” (She’s the little girl in the car.)
Rachel Mittelman went to my school for two years. She was a year behind me.

My wife has been known to be on stage occasionally. Does that count for the second condition?

I’m a 2, sorta. About 12 years ago I appeared in a KPIX news feature on whitewater rafting with Meryl Streep’s stunt double from The River Wild.

I was in a movie with Gregory Peck and Lauren Bacall. It was their last movie, made for TV, called “The Portrait”. It starred Gregory Peck’s daughter Cecilia. I was an uncredited extra, but did get to know both Peck and Bacall during filming as the production company hired out our movie theater to run the “dailys”.

I was in The Portrait with Gregory Peck.
Gregory Peck was in Mackenna’s Gold (1969) with Eli Wallach
Eli Wallach was in Mystic River (2003) with Kevin Bacon

I was in The Portrait with Lauren Bacall
Lauren Bacall was in Walker, The (2007) with Michael J. Reynolds
Michael J. Reynolds was in Where the Truth Lies (2005) with Kevin Bacon

I was in The Portrait with Cecilia Peck
Cecilia Peck was in Havoc (2005) with Matt O’Leary
Matt O’Leary was in Death Sentence (2007) with Kevin Bacon

Any way I slice it, my Bacon Number is 3.

Are you implying that boyo Jim has been doing your wife? If so, I’ll be your second if you demand honor and satisfaction.

Mmmm, sliced bacon and monkeys…

Is Lauren Bacall at all approachable? Or Peck for that matter? (He always seemed he’d be exceptionally intelligent for an actor.) Is it true that both were often covered in blood from hellish rites during the filming of that movie?

Given that she’s actively browsing the Dope as we speak, I should probably drop the topic altogether.

Hey, I fell! My penis hit the keyboard! I couldn’t help it.

I had to buy a new keyboard.

Lauren Bacall is not very approachable, but I did it anyway. I have the autograph somewhere that proves it. Gregory Peck was much nicer and much more gracious. I never noticed any blood. :smiley:

My Mom grew up with Bill Murray, who was in She’s Having a Baby with Kevin Bacon. Does that give me a bacon number of two?

My Bacon number would be 3:

I was in a video with John Mellencamp.
John Mellencamp was in Madison (2001) with Chelcie Ross.
Chelcie Ross was in Novocaine (2001) with Kevin Bacon.

My friend-who-looks-exactly-like-a-young-Kevin-Bacon-and-is-equally-if-not-more-psychologically-disturbed-than-most-of-the-characters-that-Bacon-plays number would be 1, though.

He is a great guy, but he can be really harrowing to hang out with. Fortunately, I think he’s improving.

Going strictly off my IMDB listing, my Bacon number is 2 (I won’t divulge more except Animal House is involved).