Who's the girl in Mitsubishi ad?

Anyone know who the girl is in the Mitsubishi Eclipse commercial…wearing the pink hat, doing the weird dance to the Dirty Vegas-Days Go By song?

Her name, apparently, is Dusty Paik.

Thanks, Antonius. I’m impressed. I searched all afternoon and couldn’t find anything.

Do you have some tips for me, about searching the web?

You think she dances wierd? You should see me sit-dancing when I’ve got that CD on in my hooptie.
:cool:
Peace,
mangeorge

You’re most welcome.

I don’t claim any particular web-searching expertise, but I usually find what I want. I always start with google.com. I use “Exact Phrases” (i.e. in quotes) a great deal to narrow the search down.

In this case, I started googling with “Mitsubishi Eclipse” + “Days Go By”. This brought up 387 results. Looking at a couple on the first page, I decided I wasn’t being specific enough. I tend not to be extremely patient when googling; if my first search returns too many hits, I’ll refine it almost immediately.

Since this ad has been around for a while and is quite memorable (particularly for the “popping” actress), I figured that someone had probably asked the question before. So, I googled “Mitsubishi Eclipse” + “Days Go By” + “who’s the girl”.

Bingo! One result.

I did a search within the page for Mitsubishi Eclipse, which took me to the post by sk8fair, “mitsubishi eclipse commercial, WHO’S THAT GIRL?”. This was answered in the first follow-up by jacky, “Her Name is Dusty Paik, www.qmodel.com in LA”. Now, www.qmodel.com didn’t work for me, so I just went back to google “Dusty Paik”. The first match was a fan’s Dusty Paik’s Web Site, with a still from the commercial together with the quote:

I looked a little bit more around the site to see if there were any signs that it wasn’t genuine, and then posted.

Hope this helps. Sorry if you knew all of this already. Of course, luck does play a part in choosing the search terms.

Yeah, thanks, it helps a lot. I’m going to start to “search smarter” thanks to you. I really appreciate your help.:wink: