Remote viewing is real--and the truth is being seen by the media...

Let’s make this simple. A Japanese TV show regularly does remote viewing–uh, not experiments, it just gets the people who can do it to do it. And they do.

An American fellow, much used by the FBI it seems (they said that he was able to draw an accurate map of a minefield around an embassy, or something like that) was today’s hero.

A Japanese woman wanted to find her mother. The man was able to draw an almost perfect map to the mother’s house–then they found her.

The show is called “Super Special '04” and was shown at 7:00 PM Japan Time on Channel 4 (Tokyo).

The followers of Ptolemy on this board–er, I mean “Skeptics”–can guffaw and cry “fraud” (without actually knowing jackola about the case) and whine and whinge, but remote viewing is real, it is leading to genuine effects, and the media around the world are starting to treat it not as a freak but as just a part of reality. In Japan, the media basically recognizes that many “paranormal” phenomena have been proved–case closed.

It’s time to become a Copernican.

… by those standards, Alien Autopsy is proof of E.T.

Yes, they are different shows about different things, but your proof seems to be that 1) it was on T.V. and 2) it depicted favorable results.

This is not proof at all that remote viewing is real. I’m not saying remote viewing isn’t possible, but what you’re presenting is not evidence of its existence.

hehe… if they find WMDs then I might start beleiving in this mumbo jumbo.

I also saw the Starship Enterprise on TV… it must be real then.

[hijack] Nice sig, Rashak![/hijack]

Aeschines, is there any entirely unsupported phenomenon that you don’t believe in? To help you along: A TV show isn’t evidence. Media acceptance isn’t evidence. Controlled studies are. Can you provide one? If not, you’re wasting time.

Aeschenes:

Weren’t you the posters claiming to have an MBA from a top school and unable to find a job? You might want to take a few science classes… Learn something about the scientific method, peer review research. Good stuff like that. :slight_smile:

That’s rich, Ace. I think you meant to post this in Baseless Assertions, not Great Debates.

Also, John Titor called, and he’ll be riding by your place in his Pimpin’ Singularitymobile later today to pick up a supply of tinfoil hats.

To keep it short and simple: Do not believe everything you see on TV.

from the “Skeptics.” The TV show didn’t “depict” what happen through a dramatization. The investigation was put on by the TV station itself.

It happened, and you have your cite. The show. You’re free to investigate to what degree this show is credible.

The blase assumption that, oh, it’s just TV, meaningless. Easily deniable. Who gives a f**k. Now matter how much evidence piles up, oh well.

Our worldview is intact 'cause we say it is. Fingers in the dike.

Umm, just a little easy-going mockery: the “skeptic” specialty.

I have a Master of Science degree, my friend. I resent your condescending tone like the devil.

Nah, stuff like the news, science shows–hey if it supports my worldview, good. If not, it’s just TV–haw haw haw!

Japanese TV is well known for putting on BS paranormal shows. It’s a staple there. What to conclude about someone who thinks that there are things that can only be done on TV in Japan and are not reproducible elsewhere, despite the megamegabucks that would come with such a thing, I’ll leave to you to evaluate.

In other news, some of the people on Jerry Springer are faking it. But you are free to investigate to what degree the Jerry Springer show is credible. Would that everyone in the world had that kind of time.

Don’t believe the news shows or the science shows either. At least not without confirming evidence from other sources.

In fact, don’t believe anything without additional evidence from other sources. Not even mom.

What evidence do you have that the show was not rigged to produce favorable results for the remote viewers? As others have pointed out, there are a number of TV shows that purport to demonstrate paranormal abilities and events, and most if not all of them seem to break down under scrutiny. Since so many frauds and hoaxes have already been perpetrated using television, skepticism of the show’s claims is justified, and a demand for a controlled study verifying the results is not unreasonable. There are just too many ways to rig such a show to appear to be genuine while staging or editing footage to depict favorable results. I would love to find out that remote viewing is a real phenomenon, but not so much so that I am willing to abandon tried and true methods of verification.

Question: What is the name of the Japanese TV show that “regularly does remote viewing”?

I don’t see anything like that listed on Nippon TV’s website offhand.
http://www.ntv.co.jp/prog.eng/index.htm

Question: How do you know “Super Special '04” wasn’t a scripted, fictional show, perhaps by an independent producer who then sold it to Channel 4? What basis do you have for thinking that it was a news show like “60 Minutes” or “20/20” instead of “The X-Files” or “Roswell”?

Question: Was the program in English, or Japanese? Do you speak Japanese? Did it have subtitles? Is it possible that you missed some kind of “the events portrayed here are not based on real life” disclaimer?

Then you should have all the tools you need to convince us with peer review scientific cites that your claim is true.

So then, we should believe everything on TV Aeschines?

Mentioning the name of the show is not a cite. I did a search for “Super Special '04” and turned up nothing. Since you’re the one who thinks this program is so credible, perhaps you can share with us how you’ve come to this conclusion.

In related news, you have no idea how relieved I was to find that a search on “Japanese TV” turned up mostly links about Japanese television. :wink:

Well, not all of them. But we are talking about channel 4 in Tokyo, which would be Nippon TV. They are the least credible of them all. I didn’t watch this particular show but most of their paranormal stuff I can debunk in my sleep. Definitely not a credible source of information.

The program guide says something about the supposed psychic finding Osama Bin Ladin. Did they?

Actually, Ace, you never cited anything. So we don’t have our cite.

So you claim to have a M.S.

Take a good look at what you’ve posted thus far and ask youself how convincing it really is. Please, demonstrate your knowledge of the scientific method for us. Show us data that falsifies the null hypothesis that remote viewing does not exist.