Whose version of Ballroom Blitz is in that commercial for Mitsubishi?

The commercial is great, what with the throwing stuff at the speeding cars-- bowling ball, trash, hibatchi, car-- but the song makes it that much better.
I tried googling, but apparently this song has been made over and over again and I don’t know which artist is actually heard on the radio. Anyone know?

I think it was the original version, as performed by “The Sweet.”

And, according to at least one author, it’s excellent zombie-killing music.

I said “radio” when I actually meant “commercial”. Because I’m stupid.

It’s “Sweet” alright.

Vampires, actually. :wink:

That was the track playing in [Bordello of Blood](Susan Heiman Carney ) when Dennis Miller was laying waste to the bevy of blood-sucking hot hooker hellions with holy water in a Super Soaker.

That scene defines art if nothing else does, I say.

Has anyone gone to the website to see ‘what happens next’?

Because I can’t be botered to do it myself so I’m hoping that someone can spoil it for me.

Best exploding hooker scene since Frankenhooker.

Both cars avoid the vehicles thrown at them, but for some reason (I couldn’t tell why), the Camry driver pulls over to the shoulder, stops the car, and just sighs in disappointment.

Wuss.

I guess they couldn’t use the Crucial Taunt version from Wayne’s World, as performed by the lovely and talented Tia Carrere. Bummer.

But I do kinda like the commercial. I’d like to install an automatic bowling ball ramp out the back of my Subaru, for those times when people come roaring up behind me at 90 MPH and stop right on my bumper. Awesome!