What dumb things do you do again and again?

I’m constantly pulling up the sleeves of a long-sleeved shirt. I get careless every time and end up punching myself in the chest. I should have learned my lesson by now.

I also always wait until the last second to go to the bathroom. I could save myself a lot of time doing the pee-pee dance if I’d just get out of bed or off my butt and get to the bathroom.

What stupid things do you do?

I’ve bumped my head three times on the same doorway in my new house. Curse these quaint cottages :cool:

Another dumb thing I do is start a new thread and then forget to subscribe to it.

D’oh.

insert smacky smiley here.

I forget to flip the hall light switch on the way out of the house in the morning, then have to feel my way up the stairs in the dark when I get home.

I continue to go to the Wendy’s closest to my house, even though they routinely fuck up my order.

I always forget to hold my ankle-length coat up a little when going up stairs, and trip just about every time.

I push my glasses up my nose about every twenty minutes–but I got lasik surgery four years ago and don’t wear glasses anymore.

I think I’ll stop now, I’m beginning to depress myself with how dumb I am. :slight_smile:

Smoke a cigarette…

I always wait until the very LAST MINUTE to stop and get gas. Aughh I hate pumping but I hate other people pumping for me even more…

I never remember to blow out my candle when I leave the room.

I never remember to delete my internet history (damn paranoid parents… I’m not buying drugs on the internet, ok?? Leave my history alone!)

Oh, and I always insert a “D” into the middle of the word “tragedy”. I don’t mean the right D, I mean like TRADGEDY. Every time. And I’m a good speller otherwise! You’d think I would have gotten the hang of the word by now…

In the 3 and a half years I’ve lived in my condo, I have never failed to walk into the livingroom doorway at least once a day.

I walk away from my desk with my headset on my head or pinned to my shirt at least once a day and rip my phone off the desk.

I write out checks for my bills and forget to mail them (every month).

I poke a hole in my nylons every time I wear them.

I forget to take my reflux pills at least once a week.

Ther’s so much more but I don’t want to look like a total dork.

I frequently park my car too close to something which means I nearly half myself in three trying to get out of it … :smack:

I have been known to forget to flush toilets after doing a Number 2 :o

I look after my elderly/disabled parents and will ask my Dad if he wants a cup of tea, then forget to make it, or make it and forget to give it to him … :wally

When mailing off bill payments I’ll either forget to insert the check or the statement, or I’ll forget to ensure the address shows through the envelope. Once the envelope is sealed there’s no easy way to open it again without tearing it all to hell. I’ve done this enough times and gotten pissed off enough over it that one would think that I’d learn to double check these things. It’s what I get for usually being in a hurry when I get ready to mail bills.

That commercial on TV. Romantic setting inside some living room, soft music, and kettle whistling. No matter how many times I saw it, every time I jumped up to get the kettle. Every. Time.

I stay up too late reading these damn threads.

I put stuff off to the last minute, then screw it up somehow.

I leave dirty dishes laying around, knowing that one of my cats will find it and lick it clean, especially the one that’s on a special diet and is hungry all the time.

I put something in a place where I know I’ll find it later, then can’t ever find it. Is that dumb or just forgetful? 'cause if it’s forgetful I I I oh well I forgot what I was going to say.

I put the remote control to the TV in my lap, then get up and it clatters to the concrete floor.

I go to parties or people’s houses, sit on the couch and have the cell phone fall out of my pocket. Then someone happens to notice and hands me the phone (some day I’m not going to be so lucky).

I try to go to bed early, but get bored and talk to friends on AIM. I then lose track of time, go to bed late, and begin the cycle again with sleep deprivation the next day at work.

This is the proverbial safe place. I never put anything in a “safe place” anymore. I put things in a logical place. Putting something in a safe place is a guarantee I will never see it again.

Every time I drink hot chocolate I scald my tongue. Every time. I just can’t seem to make myself wait until it’s cool enough to drink.

StG

I keep waking up and getting out of bed in the morning . . .

I keep falling for women. One of these days, you’d think I’d learn…

Pick up a good book at bedtime, get totally engrossed, then suddenly realize that the sun is rising and I have to be at work in an hour.

Sometimes I think you must have been me in another life.

I consistently post to threads without thinking through whether I’m going to have the interest, time, or energy to maintain a proper level of involvement.

I put my keys in my pocket, then grab grocery bags or my laundry bag or whatever, then when I get to the door I realize I have to switch everything to the other hand to get my keys.