Bear...Rabbit...Poop...Woods... The punch line is all wrong!

The joke goes;

A bear and a rabbit are both taking a crap in the woods. (Assumedly in close proximity to each other, at least within earshot.)
The bear looks over at the rabbit with a panged look on his face and asks, “Does shit stick to your fur?”
The rabbit responds with a confused look, “No.”

The bear then grabs the rabbit and wipes his ass with him. Ha.

Wouldn`t a more appropriate use of ass wipe be something that shit DOES stick to?

Tsk, Tsk, all these years the joke has been going around and no-one picked up on this.

Your thoughts please…

The bear just is being considerate in making sure that the rabbit will be able to clean up after being used as toilet paper, and won’t have to walk around forever with bear poop all over him.
If you take every joke this literally, people will start smacking you upside the head!

Actually, the bear’s question is: “Does it bother you when shit sticks to your fur?”

Make more sense now?

The way I heer’d it was, the bear asked the rabbit,

“Do you have a problem with shit sticking to your fur?”

the joke being that the rabbit assumes the bear is making conversation in terms of cameraderie or shared experience, whereas as kittenblue pointed out, the bear is merely being considerate of the rabbit’s feelings. Because the rabbit is about to have shit sticking all over its fur, and the bear is hoping he won’t mind.

Well, darn, Jenaroph beat me to it. Just to reiterate, the question must be posed as “Do you have a problem with shit sticking to your fur?” for the joke to work.

I think what the bear really said was ‘would you prefer I wipe my ass with you or slice you into 4 pieces and eat you like sushi?’

You people can analyze the fun out of anything.

Actually this thread and its responses are way funnier than the joke itself.

I knew that would happen, that`s why I started it.

Once again The Dope failed me not. :stuck_out_tongue: