I Think It's A Cool Band Name...

So, I have a new band, and this being a brand new beginning for me and all, I would like to get off on the right foot you know, and having the right name has everything to do with that, no?..

SO basically, I am the creative force behind this five-piece, and so far have come up with the best option being GHOST PARTY what do you think?..

Here are the facts:

We are a five-piece group with two guitaristas, a drummer, a bassist and a guy on Rhodes and other various key activity…The music is mostly melancholic (pussy-stuff, you know) though mostly poetic and snug/dry under the lovely category/umbrella of POP!!

I’m sorry I don’t have anything for you to listen to, as of yet.

Anyhow, let me know if you can think of anything else, or have any other questions…

I dunno, howzabout something like Fifty-Cent Beers Till Midnight? That oughta draw 'em in…

Heck, this is the Internet. Do a Google™ search by entering “band name generator” - exact phrase. You’ll come up with a bunch of sites. Here is just one:
http://www.elsewhere.org/cgi-bin/bandname

Among other things you’ll get:

The Fabulous Thumb Brigade
The Don Knotts Experience

Go ahead and let the 'Net do the work for you.

Evil Ghost Party! Everything’s better when it’s evil!

How about “Green Comic Sans”?

When I was learning to type, one of the random sentences contained the phrase, “Nasal Salad”. It always sounded like a good name to me.

Ghost party sounds a like a Nintendo game. Might make a better album name

Ernest Zapper and the Too-Flat Hoes

Isn’t there a SDMB “Collected Band Names” thread or something around here, a list of all the phrases folks pointed out as “Band name!”?

searches

Well, darned if I can find it. But there SHOULD be.

It’s A Cool Band Name

Perfect.

Essential Tremor

Jenaroph
Here’s a band nam thread I started and maybe this is the one you were thinking of?

No doubt there are many more.

Well, I was planning on making The Definitive List of all “Band Name!” Posts.

Then I found out what kind of massive project I was looking at.

With that in mind, I give you The Definitive List of All “Band Name!” Posts For The Past Four Months (NOTE: I avoided any thread that was specifically dedicated to band names (the “Workplace Band Names” thread, “Name my band, win $15!!!”, etc…):

[ul]
[li]Grandma Oink[/li][li]“Pretzel Parm” or maybe even “Pizza Pretzel Parm”[/li][li]Fish from Nowhere[/li][li]Autoerotic asphyxiation.[/li][li]suitable for thrusting[/li][li]Forget the Dong[/li][li]+2 Dildo of Smiting[/li][li]Death Dong[/li][li]Ice Blue Jelly[/li][li]Jesus Was A Tumor[/li][li]“MECHANICALLY SEPARATED CHICKEN, PARTIALLY DEFATTED COOKED PORK FATTY TISSUE, PARTIALLY DEFATTED COOKED BEEF FATTY TISSUE, VINEGAR, LESS THAN 2% OF: SALT, SPICES, SUGAR, FLAVORINGS, SODIUM ERYTHORBATE AND SODIUM NITRITE.” (create band name out of parts thereof)[/li][li]Gored in the scrotum[/li][li]South Park Jesus[/li][li]rabid ferrets in your underpants[/li][li]Anal Gremlin[/li][li]ass-wiping bears[/li][li]Rubber Coin Squeeze Purse[/li][li]Big Fat White Placaters[/li][li]modes of vibration[/li][li]Anal Fury[/li][li]anal tyrant[/li][li]Schrodinger the Invisicat[/li][li]The Forgotten Wally’s[/li][li]soupy poop[/li][li]Bad Masters [/li][li]Penis pimple[/li][li]ball follicle[/li][li]National Motto[/li][li]Tomato hornworms[/li][li]Earpugs[/li][li]LastCall and the Earpugs[/li][li]Coca-Cola Douche[/li][li]Bicycle Stealing Bastards[/li][li]Ass pie[/li][li]Buzzing Epaullettes[/li][li]Downey Oshin [/li][li]twee posting behavior that annoys me personally[/li][li]Rasputin’s Penis[/li][li]Caterpillar Scat[/li][li]Nine million angry honey bees[/li][li]“I would think the nipple phenomenon is more closely related to goose pimples than to the penis phenomenon” has a band name in it somewhere[/li][li]AtomSmith[/li][li]Fifty Furlongs of Pure Liquid Shit[/li][li]400 lb. Samoan gangster[/li][li]Biggest Addiction[/li][li]RADIOACTIVE ZOMBIES[/li][li]The Well-Dressed Whifflers[/li][li]an absense of potatoes [/li][li]Extruded Grogans[/li][li]savage darky[/li][li]Glacially Long Bowel Movements [/li][li]pokeable nerd[/li][li]Impending Cicada Doom[/li][li]canine analingus[/li][li]Kate Hudson’s ass[/li][li]Pizza Police[/li][li]Exploded Toe Bone[/li][li]rodent asshairs[/li][li]Satan’s Vents[/li][li]Shroedinger’s Fang Gang [/li][li]Winesap[/li][li]mime sperm traps[/li][li]Sword Monkeys[/li][li]complete fuckwad[/li][li]Nutbar Tyrant[/li][li]big, swinging God penis[/li][li]flying spittle[/li][li]Homer’s Recreational Dynamite[/li][li]bloody paper[/li][li]angry young men[/li][li]Bladder Shatterers[/li][li]Mose’s’ Ark[/li][li]Prehensile butt-cheeks[/li][li]Nair on my balls! [/li][li]Unleavened Jesus[/li][li]Making the O Face for Jesus[/li][li]typo conspiracy[/li][li]Low-Flying Mercotans[/li][li]Warm buttered boobies[/li][li]Flaming Spaghetti-Os[/li][li]Screeching Christian Codebreakers[/li][li]Cecil and the SDSAB[/li][li]E. Coli and the Gut Flora[/li][li]cannibal hippotami [/li][li]hypnotic meat trance[/li][li]bowl of meat[/li][li]Gelatine Fingers[/li][li]Betty Swollocks[/li][li]Civic Malady[/li][li]Plutocratic forces[/li][li]Sticky side down[/li][li]Princess Crocodile Tears and the 100 Wolves at the door[/li][li]Multitudes of Suckdom[/li][li]fecal soup[/li][li]Spontaneous Corruption[/li][li]Solid Chocolate Rapture Bunnies[/li][li]Ziggy Electric[/li][li]Muppethole[/li][li]Redneck Nipple Beaver[/li][li]flaming zombie [/li][li]Penis Schmenis[/li][li]Skippy Tits[/ul][/li]Use at your leisure.

Y’know, Hal, the OP is just a guest here. You go posting things like that and people’ll think we’re weird or something.

Naaa…weird would be “Here’s all the ‘Band Name!’ posts I can think of off the top of my head”.

I was always partial to Salmon Flavored Ice Cream.

It’s funky, and utterly unforgettable.

Hal, as much as I like Grandma Oink, wouldn’t Grandma Boink be even better?

I’d have to agree with you on that one, lieu. But you’ll have to take it up with Ludovic.

During the last campaign, the Perfect Band Name that kept popping up was The Gore Sisters.