What's the plural of "danish" (pastries)?

So, today on the way back from lunch, I pass by the little semi-cafe in the lobby of my dormatory. They have many sugary delights, and the guy I’m with asks “what’s the plural of danish?” Danishes just sounds wrong, and Dansk, while sounding familiar, probably has nothing to do with it.
So, I’m stumped, and I know it’ll be nagging at me for the rest of the week unless I can figure something out.
I beg for your help.
Thanks.

Merriam Webster gives the plural as simply “Danish”. “Gimme a dozen Danish” sounds right to me. Of course, if you don’t like that, you can just say “Gimme a dozen of those Danish pastries.”

Main Entry: 2Danish
Function: noun
1 : the Germanic language of the Danes
2 plural Danish : a piece of Danish pastry

“a dozen Danish” sounds right to me. The AHD says that either Danish or Danishes is correct.

Damn, you guys are fast…
Thanks.

I’ve always used “I’ll have that Danish, and also that other Danish.”

I don’t want to be behind you in line when you’re ordering a dozen.

I’d go with “danishes”, since that’s the normal way to make a plural from a word ending with “sh”. “Danish” is originally an adjective, so it doesn’t have a plural form, but when you turn it into a noun, with a differnt meaning from the original, it would follow the normal rules for nouns.

Danes?? ;j

“Pastries”- as in “Give me a dozen Danish pastries”.

Dansk is the Danish word for Danish, as in Danish customs. The weird thing is that in Denmark, Danish patries are called the Danish equivalent of “Vienna Bread.”

I think this illustrates one of the drawbacks of turning an adjective into a noun.