Spaceballs 3: The Search For Spaceballs 2

Yes, Mel Brooks is doing a sequel.

May the Schwartz be with you!

Hopefully it will be a mostly different cast with a pre-spaceballs plot spoofing the prequels. Otherwise, they’d be Candyless, and that would be just sad.

I’m not sure that this is a good idea. After watching Spaceballs again on cable recently I’ve come to the conclusion that it wasn’t very funny. Most of the jokes were dated to begin with and it just doesn’t hold up over the 90+ minutes. Sorry but I’m not that excited about a sequal.

What’s the matter, Colonel Sanders? Chicken??? :stuck_out_tongue:

The only really funny bit was the Alien parody (even had John Hurt in it!) It was almost worth the price of admission.

Heathens all of you!

This is fantastic news. I’ve been waiting for years for a new Mel Brooks moving hoping and praying that Dracula: Dead and Loving It wouldn’t be the last one.

And now he’s making one (yay!) and it’s a sequel to Spaceballs (double yay!), one of Mel’s finest 90 minutes.

;j says “We’ll bless me them all until we get fersnickered!”

whilst being rather low brow, i found it very enjoyable and still watch it every now and then. I think you had to have grown up with it cause my gf has never even raised a smile during in it, but that may be due to her not having a sense of humour.

The whole part of the movie where they go to ludicrous speed is hilarious, but corny.

I think you have to go in knowing the jokes will be corny and you will enjoy it. I would put it in my top 20 all time funniest movies. maybe eben the top 10 but that might be a push.

“Keep firing Asshole”
oh god, now i have to watch it again some time this weekend.

In an issue of The Onion a few years ago, they had a one-liner that read:

Jake Lloyd cast as yound Dark Helmet in Spaceballs prequel

oh BTW i also thought this title was great but the one mentioned in spaceballs “Spaceball 2: THe search for more money” would have been awesome as well.
However who would they cast to play Mog?

John Candy is gone and noe one i can think of would come close to fitting the bill

In an issue of The Onion that came out shortly after The Phantom Menace, they had a one-liner that read:

Jake Lloyd cast as young Dark Helmet in Spaceballs prequel

Pssst – the character’s name was “Barf.” (Short for Barfolomew.) His species was a mog.

Why oh Why can’t Brooks and Wilder work together again? Brooks forced Wilder to be a bit more daring, and Wilder damped down a lot of Brooks’ tendency towards over-the-top slapstick. Together they were far greater than the sum of their parts!

Lets face out, after their Holy Trinity together (The Producers, Blazing Saddles, and Young Frankenstein), neither of them were all that funny!

Woohoo! For years, I’ve been hoping that a good Mel Brooks-style comedy might come along. I can’t wait.

“I knew it. I’m surrounded by assholes” :smiley:

I like Spaceballs quite a bit, but it was also pretty much the last thing Mel Brooks did that was even remotely funny. Nothing he’s done since then has gotten so much as chuckle out of me. I’ll watch it, out of hope that he’s found some of the old magic, but I’m not holding my breath: Brooks hasn’t been funny for seventeen years. I doubt that’s going to change now.

I’m still waiting for (hoping for) History Of The World, Part II. If Brooks could make the Inquisition funny, the holocaust in his hands would be a scream. I’d love to see what he’d do with Watergate. As for a mog (half man, half dog) in a Spaceballs prequil, does Bill Clinton have a SAG card? :smiley:

Spaceballs is about the only Mel Brooks that I’ve seen (that I can think of) I’ve tried renting History of the World Part I but the video store doesn’t have it grumbles

This’ll be amusing to see though.

I can’t believe Spaceballs is getting such a lukewarm reception on this board! It would definitely be in my top 10 comedies of all time and probably even in my top 5.

As for the sequel…I’ll see it for sure but I just don’t feel great about any sequels anymore.

It just wasn’t that funny, sorry :frowning: Definitely not in the Young Frankenstein or Producers pantheon (Blazing Saddles was overrated imho).

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Spaceballs is one of our favorites of all time. We quote lines from it all the time…

“What? You went over my helmet?”

I can’t wait!

:smiley:

Could it be because it wasn’t funny? It was stupid, not clever like The Producers (though Brooks should rot it Hell for turning it into a musical and casting Matthew Broderick–must be senility). It was more like, oh, everything he’s done from Silent Movie on: BORING!