The Michigan GOP wants Michael Moore...

…to be charged with bribing voters. :rolleyes:

I’m sorry, but if you don’t tell people who to vote for is it still buying their vote??? :confused:

I put this in the pit due to the direction I’m sure it will take.
Therefore, fuck shit damn feltching bastards.

Buying votes is illegal. Period. And, most likely, Moore didn’t ostensibly buy votes for a candidate or a party.

However, Michigan state made it illegal to give stuff to people in order to get them to register to vote or to actually vote. (Whether this is constitutional, I don’t know.)

And so, it seems likely, if the facts of the website are correct, Moore did indeed promise to give out stuff in order to induce college kids to vote.

However, if you read what Moore promises, I’m 99% sure it’s a joke. The folk who are charging him are humor deficient.

Peace.

The article I read didn’t say if Moore was trying to get people to vote for Kerry or just to vote. This won’t last long if it does go to court.

Underwear and noodles though… :smiley: HI-larious

With a secret ballot system, how is it even possible to bribe someone to vote for any candidate. I’ll take your money and tell you I will vote the way you want me to. I will still vote for whoever I want, and you will be out of money.

I am puzzled as to what is wrong with incentives for voter registration. Even if it may turn elections against candidats one wants to win, it is still in the best interest of the country for every eligible voter to register and vote.

I go to MSU, but I wasn’t there for 3 reasons:

[ol]
[li]They handed out tickets from 1-4 PM. Not only is there class, but last week many classes were having exams during this time.[/li][li]Moore spoke at something like 4 PM. Same problem[/li][li]I didn’t think that I was going to be able to gain any new ‘information’ by attending.[/li][/ol]

It was probably all in jest, but let’s get real. If something like this happened with the parties reversed, I’m damn sure that the Dems would be doing the exact same thing.

As I heard the other day.

Make voting a lottery!

Hey, it is the GOP…

From the link in the OP: (The bolding is mine.)

Mainstream Democrats? :rolleyes:
I’ve heard Michael Moore called a lot of things, but this is the first time I’ve ever heard him called that! AFAIK he’s not even a Democrat let alone mainstream. Could Mr McNeilly make his spinning any more obvious?

“Mainstream Democrat?” Now that is funny. There is really no response to that since about all the right wing reactionary radicals I can think of are part of the present administration.

But what about Brutus?

Brutus? Brutus who?

I don’t think** he’s** a “mainstream Democrat,” either! :stuck_out_tongue:

Pure projection on your part. Dems tend to come down on the side of civil liberties. I wish we could take credit for MM, but he doesn’t like us either.

Hell hath no fury like a liberal scorn’d. I vaguely recollect Michael Moore himself turning various shades of purple when it was his ox that got algored.

I believe there’s already a discussion on this.

I believe this thread was started first.

D’OH

I liked that the press release called Moore a “Hollywood filmmaker”. Way to make him look like some outsider coming to fuck up Michigan politics. Pretty pathetic.