Just when you think Republicans can't get any more fuckheaded

This is on Michael Moore’s site:

All the fucking around that criminals, excuse me, “election officals” have been doing in Florida and Ohio, and they want to throw MOORE in jail!?!?!? FUCK THEM!

Wow, anti-Republican stuff on Michael Moore’s website? Who’d of thunk it? :rolleyes:

Equipose, I like you, and I like your fire, but lately you’ve turned into Reeder.

So, when Jim Oberweis, dairy mogul and occasional Senate candidate, gave an ice cream cone to everybody who brought in their voting receipt* he was committing a crime?

• He wasn’t on that particular ballot but I can see few better ways to get the addresses of people who actually vote.

Someone beat you to this last night: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=279405

Wow, fuckheaded Republican right-wingers* who want to stop people from voting, and suppress Fahrenheit 9/11? Who’da thunk it?

Asswipes. You guys are SO almost over.
*I do want to acknowledge those fine, upstanding, SMART Republicans who have jumped the sinking Bushship. They are not fuckheaded.

I’m going to go see Moore speak this afternoon at Carnegie Mellon University here in Pittsburgh. I’m sure he’ll have something to say about this. I’m also really excited about the chance to get some new underwear.

This is shameful and awful, and all Republicans should hang their heads in shame – if it’s as Moore describes it.

But we all know that Moore tends to be a “colorful” speaker, and we’d be best not to take his word as gospel. So I have three questions:

1. What is the actual legality of bribing people to register?
  2. Is it the entire Republican party that wants him arrested, or just a few yahoos? If the latter, who are they?
  3. What do the Pubbies have to say about this?

Because anyone who thinks this thread is stupid MUST be a Republican.

Once again… :rolleyes:

Whoooopps, teach me to uncross my eyes before I post.

Sorry little*bit!
World Eater, thank you. Reeder was right all along, and got marginalized for his troubles in trying to wake people the fuck up. I don’t mind being in his company.

Well, that’s interesting. Local news article for others who are interested. And as a bonus, the statute that Moore ostensibly violated (pdf):

Section three dosn’t have anything to do with the matter at hand; I just threw it in 'cause I thought it was cool.

Here’s the Detroit Free News’ report on the matter

No you’re not. Post-Gazette says he’s sick.

Sorry.

My sig used to be De minimis non curat Lex Luthor.

Apparently, Lex Luthor isn’t a Minnesota Republican.

Or, for that matter, a Democratic blogger.

Daniel

For us latin impaired folk, what does that mean?

**Reeder **has company? Self acknowledged company?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

By the logic of the Michigan Republican Party, if I urged my friends to vote – for any candidate, just as a patriotic gesture to reverse the low-voter turnout problems this nation has – and offered to treat them to dinner on election night, I’d be guilty of breaking the law, eh? :rolleyes:

Anyone wanna bet this wouldn’t be an issue if it was Bill O’Reilly offering free underwear to people?

So, it seems that Moore is, in fact, in violation of election law. But in such a silly way that it’s hard to take seriously. Looks to me like both Moore and the Michigan Pubbies need to lighten the fuck up.

Lex Luthor doesn’t care about petty shit.

“Lex” is Latin for “Law.”

Daniel

See, now, there may be a technicality here. I’m no judge or law-talkin’ guy, though.

As long as the gift was exchanged for ‘voting’ and not explicitly for ‘voting for Kerry’ - Moore may be okay here. Even with the Kerry rah-rah at the end.

Any lawyers care to comment?