If you could sit down with any person, living or dead...

Who would it be, and why? (And what would your first question be?)

There are so many fascinating people across the course of history that picking just one to sit down with would be a real challenge. And there are so many people alive today whose brain I’d love to pick that it only makes it harder.

I’d love to sit down with Aaron Sorkin, because the man is just a friggin genius. My first question would be “Would you marry me?”

But then again, I’d love to chat with Stephen King, and find out where he gets his ideas from, and whether it’s scary being in his own head.

More historically, I’d welcome a chance to talk with a slave who made it through the Underground Railroad, and ask them what that first taste of freedom felt like.

Reminds me of a joke I’ve heard often: George W Bush, dead.

Jim Henson is right up there on my list, but as November draws nearer, I’m thinking of Susan B Anthony and other Suffragettes who fought and died so I could go vote.

:\

I’m not relegious, but I’d go with Jesus. He hung out with prositutes and ne’r do wells, so I’d think he’d be a partier. He liked wine, I bet he’d like beer. He’d also be able to answer some pretty interesting questions regarding the hoopla surrounding him. It’d help if he was fluent in english.

I’d like to sit down with J.R.R. Tolkien in his salon, when he was halfway through the LOTR. I’d like to know what was going through his mind as he made up the charactors, and how he tied one emotion, battle or idea into another… I’d love to pick his brain. I’d also like to know what kind of tobacco he had in his pipe.

You’ll understand if Jenna, Barbara and Laura don’t share your sense of humor.

I’d probably sit with Muhammed and say "Hey, great message… but what say we see if we can tighten up the possible future interpretations a wee bit.

Hmmm. I can’t pick just one, but I will name the top folks that come to mind, along with the first question I’d ask. ( These are not meant to be satyrical in any way, one should fill in the full wording as one sees fit. )

Abraham Lincoln: How?

Jesus Christ : When?

Lee Harvey Oswald: Why?

Cecil Adams: What?

Cartooniverse

I’d love to sit down with Jimi Hendrix. My question would be, “So, Jimi, feel like smoking a joint?” :smiley:

I asked a woman this question once and she said, “The living one.” sigh

We used to do combinations of people. Wouldn’t it be fun to sit down with Jesus and Jerry Falwell?

If I had to pick one, Richard Feynman would be pretty high on my list. So would Benjamin Franklin. If I could get an interpreter, Leonardo da Vinci.

I pick Beethoven, because he fascinates me and because he has brought so much joy to my life. I’d ask him who the immortal beloved was.

Are we talking about sitting down for conversation, or for some other activity?

Could be whatever you want. Play a game of chess with Bobby Fisher, if ya wanna.

Seriously, doesn’t matter to me, I just think it’s interesting knowing who people see as influential or interesting enough to sit down and pass some time with, whether it’s for a chat or an ass-kicking.

Well if that’s the case, screw Jesus. I’d play hide the bologna with a young Audrey Hepburn!

(bolding mine)
But…but…what about this comment?

The same could be asked of Jesus but consider that it will take omniscience to tell us why the message was misintrepreted. I don’t know if that claim was ever made for Muhammed.

Read your bible. Can’t ask Jesus when. It’s supposed to be a suprise.

Of non-dieties I’d like to rap with I’d probably pick my great grandfather when he was 20, 1882, about six years after he went west as a young man. I bet he would have some good stories.

Wyatt Earp or some other famous Western gunslinger. I’m sure they would have some wild stories.

I’m reading the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin now so he’d be high on my list. I’d ask his observations of the current political climate. “Is this what you thought America would be like?”

Then Voltaire and Cyrano de Bergerac on the topic of picking up chicks. :smiley:

Albert Einstein; just general conversation, drop a couple hints about how his E=MC2 theory would change everything

Stephen Hawking; same as Einstein, actually, i’d love to see what their combined thoughts could create

Douglas Adams; my literary hero, and the man who had no small hand in shaping my sense of humor and the way i see the world…

Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs in 1983; bring back a selection of modern Apple hardware and software, and warn them about a little upstart company called microsoft, and it’s arch-demon bill gates

Ben Franklin and Alexander Graham Bell, bring them forward in time to today and see what they think of the modern world

[Family Guy] S.K.; In my next book, this family gets attacked by a…LAMP MONSTER! GRRRR!!!
Editor; you’re just not trying anymore are you?
S.K.; Grrrrr…Grrr…

Like Lord Ashtar, I’d kill to sit down with Jimi Hendrix. Also like Lord Ashtar, the first thing I would ask Mr. Hendrix is if he would like to smoke some dope with me.

After that, I would like to ask him what it was like, why he decided to do what he did, and what his greatest fears about what he did were.

And I would love to rock out with him. Either just sit around and listen to him jam, or jam with him if I had fully learned guitar by then. I absolutely love to watch my friends rock out when I’m high, and I could think of no better person to do this with than Jimi.

Probably Abe Lincoln. I would be taking notes diligently, knowing everything he said was coming from one of the greatest statesmen the world has ever seen.