Getting drunk is one thing. Stealing a firetruck while drunk elevates dumbass to art

Our stupid criminal story for today involves this Einstein who got his car stuck, then broke into the firehouse to steal an engine, which he promptly mired. Undaunted, he called for assistance using the truck radio. :smack:

When the cops showed up and he realised his mistake, he must have uttered one of the many other words that starts with F and ends with U-C-K. :smiley:

Worship him, for he is a God. Getting pissed, stealing a fire engine, bogging it down, and then having the balls to call for help on their radio - I am lost in admiration.

[guy from World’s Scariest Police Chases]

After getting the firetruck stuck he called up on the radio for help. Now the only horn he’ll be blowing on will be in prison.
[gfwspc]

He’s just lucky he did that in San Francisco. I can’t even properly imagine the outcome for the poor SOB that steals a Chicago fire truck.

HA!

Wow. Idiotic doesn’t even begin to describe this guy.

Exactly :smiley:
If he can manage to get thru rehab without losing the chutzpah he should go far!

~ hopefully not in a stolen firetruck :rolleyes:

I’m confused. Would this hypothetical point of no return be before or after you get piss-drunk and steal a fire truck?

Gotta agree with you on that one. The only fellow I ever met from CFD was Chief John Eversole, and got the impression that he and his contemporaries were ‘take no prisoners’ kinda guys.

Sonoma’s an hour or so north of SF.

We’ll keep trying here in the City though.

Yup.

It’s sobering to realize that some drunk with an '83 Chevy with a bad clutch is going to leave behind a cooler legacy than I.

I know someone who claims to have stolen/commandeered a city bus in Kiev during a business trip. This was in the old Soviet days. Apparently there was a business dinner and he and his team were fed and liquored up to help seal the deal. He wandered into the Kiev night, with a political officer following him. The next day he woke up with a pounding headache and no recollection of the night before. The PO told him that he’d “stolen a bus” and the PO tagged along to make sure he didn’t get in too much trouble. Fortunately it was late and owing to the era not all that much traffic. Person in question is a big, former Green Beret, so it could be a true story, but it’s hard to say for sure. It’s certainly an interesting story, especially as told by him, many years after the fact.

Driving between Sonoma and Napa and beer is his drink of choice?

The palate boggles.