Bugs Bunny, 1939-2005; or, Latest New Lows Set By TV Execs.

Look at this shit. Just look at it. Bugs Bunny is not an 3dgy antihero. He does not look like the villain out of a bad 3D game. He does not need to be revamped. Just put the old cartoons on DVD and that will solve everything, you dumbasses. That’s all we want. Not baby crap or paling around with Michael Jordan, and certainly not this. Piss off, Warner Brothers.

And while you’re at it, put the Animaniacs on DVD, too, God motherfucking dammit to hell. Stupid corporate asshole TV suits.

This is my second Pit thread about cartoons in as many weeks. I am now officially a geek.

Yes, it looks incredibly stupid but it’s an adaptation being marketed to a new generation – not yours or mine – and, from my understanding, isn’t meant to supercede the original, only supplement it, much like Tiny Toons and Animaniacs. The original is being untouched and is still there for your enjoyment.

So why burst a blood vessel? Just ignore it.

It’s sweeter and tastes a little bit like Pepsi.

We’ll call it “New Slurm” and then when everyone’s sick of it, we’ll bring back regular Slurm and call it “Slurm Classic.” We’ll make billions!

That design actually looks cool… but not for Bugs Bunny.

On the other hand, it would be cool if someone made a darkly comic version of the old WB cartoons where they brought all the characters to the worst extremes.
Bugs bunny would be a vicious jerk who plays tricks on innocent people, resulting in death and suffering.

is that some of you youngsters on these boards don’t even know about some of the great B.B. cartoons you’ve been robbed of because of political correctness!

Normally, I’m all for shit like this. But this one… yeesh. That’s a hard sell.

Yeah, I think I’m just going to pass on this one.

Who should write it, though? Gaiman or Moore?

It’s (yes, “it”, not “he”) got all the appeal of a serrated knife…

You know, I figured that I was just starting to behave like an old lady by thinking that kids’ cartoons today are garbage. I loved the Thundercats when I was a kid, and I watched some old episodes recently. Now that I’m all grown up, I can see how corny and trite some of the lines are, but it still was a cool cartoon. I still enjoy it.

But yeah, a lot of the cartoons today are horrible. If it’s going to be brainlessly scripted, at least make the drawings/animation style something new and different. I really hate the blocky drawing style that seems to be so popular now with cartoons.

I’m not amused. I’m rather put off, I think. :smack:

Bugs Bunny is but one of the many faces of Nyarlathotep. Fear him.

Marc

AFG, no offense to you but if you’re going to insult today’s animation and cartoons, please don’t try to use Thundercats and the other action-adventure cartoons of the 80’s as counter-evidence. I LOVED Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-Man, Thundercats, G.I. Joe, and all the other Saturday morning fare that I grew up on as a child of the 80’s but watching them now that I’ve grown up is like watching your sister get raped and then murdered.

Horrible animation, terrible voicework, the worst dialogue imaginable, and plotlines, when extant, that make the latest Bruckheimer film seem like Shakespeare. My mother was obviously a saint for suffering through them every Saturday for years on end just so I could have a little entertainment.

Bugs Bunny jumped the shark a long, long time ago, so who cares what they do with him now? This is for kids; we’ll always have the classic WB cartoons from the 40s & 50s, which were made for adults anyway.

Something of a tasteless analogy given the relatively trivial context, isn’t it?

Yes, a bit. I wasn’t really thinking when I posted that and regretted it immediately. I even contacted an administrator to hopefully change it and hoped (although I doubt[ed]) it would be before anyone would comment on it but that was too much to wish for.

I apologize to anyone I may have offended with that comment. I was trying to draw a parrallel between something you loved and/or cherished being brutally desecrated but I was too brutal and I’m sorry.

Cheers for the apology, Aesiron - we all hit the “submit” button too soon sometimes.

I thought the overblown comparison was what made it so funny. I do agree with the sentiment though. In '99 or '00 Cartoon Network started showing Thundercats and I happily sat down to watch a beloved program from my childhood. It was so horrible I had to turn it off lest my memories become tainted. Animation has come a long way since the 80’s. Batman: TAS, Superman, Justice League, Animaniacs, and other cartoons are being produced that can entertain children as well as adults. Ever see a cartoon called Recess? It’s light years ahead of Thundercats and GI Joe.

Marc

But does “Recess” have a segment at the end of every episode where you learn an important lesson about life?

What a shame, it´s lame and offensive; would it be so hard to come up with original stuff instead of mutating 50 year old stuff?

:wally: