2nd House Rerun 8/30

Well, this one blew me away. I’d only seen about one and a half episodes before this one (darn those Daily Show reruns at 8) and now I am hooked.

(this was the one where House takes over a class and talks about the 3 patients. Here is the link to the discussion of this episode when it first aired)

As several people on the original thread said, this was one of the finest things I’ve ever seen on television, anywhere–and I’m heading towards 50. Amazing storytelling and arc, especially in mood.

I’m buying the DVD, even if all it had was this one. However, from the little I’ve seen, most episodes have at least one keeper scene.

My WAG, even though I may be shown to be foolish in next week’s rerun: House dropped her because he could no longer trust her. He is all about truth. It didn’t mean he didn’t love her, but any sort of relationship could no longer be in place.

Yeah, that is a fabulous episode and totally makes up for the sins of the series (oddly compressed and expanded time, predictable assortment of bad diagnoses before the right one).

I had only seen about two episodes of House so far, but Selkie called me last night to tell me to put it on, since it was her favorite episode. I’m glad I watched – it really was innovative and interesting, and seems to be an across-the-board highlight from the first season for most fans.

I also agree that this was an excellent episode (but it’s House. What episode isn’t good?)

It’s so sad that I can’t watch anymore. I think I’ll be able to see next week’s episode but the new ones don’t start until the 13th. :frowning:

First full episode I’d ever seen (saw about half of an episode once [some old lady was really horny because of syphilis], and about half of the first episode last night), and yes, it was fantastic. Now I’m obsessing about watching the DVDs and Netflix has them as a “very long wait.” Curses!

Definetly the best episode so far. Hopefully House strays more from the ‘formula’ and does shows similar to that one.

I just wanted to resurrect this thread to say that this episode–Three Stories–won the Emmy for best writing for a dramatic series!!!