What is Jim Cantore's Salary?

Along with many other folks I’ve been watching more of The Weather Channel than is probably good for me.

Last night my wife and I were watching and Jim Cantore (hubba hubba) came on to do his live feed. We both started to wonder - What’s a Weather Channel meterologist pull down a year?

We have a friend or two in local TV news production and those guys don’t make a tremendous amount. My wife was doubting that TWC people did either; however, I pointed out that the channel is national and I’m betting they do pretty well.

Any ideas? Google of “Jim Cantore’s salary” was a bust.

Well, I can’t speak in specific to the gentleman you asked about, but the average salary of a meterologist in the U.S. is $81,184.

Source

Zev Steinhrdt

The local weatherman here in NYC, Sam Champion, makes $1.5 million/yr.

cite: http://www.newyorkmetro.com/guides/salary/14497/index1.html

(sorry, I don’t know how to do links) :frowning:

Personally, I think ol’ Jim does it for the thrill. As the saying goes:

“It ain’t summer til Jim Cantore stands on the beach during a hurricane.”

No salary info but some bio data.

Broadcast Meteorologist
Jim Cantore

Sounds like Jim Cantore needs all the extra income he can get. He probably gets six figures from the Weather Channel since he is their marquee guy.

I think Cantore makes 7 figures. Tom Skilling for WGN in Chicago makes $2 million/yr. Other chief mets in top ten markets make $500k+

I have absolutely nothing of substance to add, but I did want to say that on a radio morning show where I live, the female co-host often refers to both her large crush on Jim Cantore, and the fact that she has a rather large vibrator that she named Jim Cantore.

It takes a tough man to make a tender forecast! Keep pluckin that chicken!