He did it!

They said that it couldn’t be done. They said that it was impossible. They believed that it was ridiculous for him to even try. They mocked those of us who suggested that he would ever make it. Too far, they said. Too ridiculous. The entire idea is a pipe dream. It will never happen.

They were wrong.

He is a man with a vision. He is a man with determination. He is a man with a dream. He has persistence. He does not bow down in the face of challenges. When people say that it’s impossible, he only strives even harder. He will climb any mountain, defeat any obstacle, disprove any naysayer. He knows where he wants to go, and he goes there.
George W. Bush has hit a 37 percent approval rating.

He is not a man to be trifled with. He thrives on challenges. He loves nothing more than to break his own records. He will not stop here. He will continue to break new ground, to explore never-before-seen terrirtory. Nothing can stand in his way. Let nobody doubt it.

Anyone else open this thinking it was an O.J. Simpson rant?

He’s got a long way to go before he breaks the record. Wasn’t Nixon at a low of 24% approval at some point during Watergate?

Frankly, I hope he doesn’t make it. Not that I think he doesn’t deserve it, mind you; I just can’t bear to think of what might happen to cause his numbers to drop that far.

Let’s see…

Those numbers don’t matter. The silent majority support the President and his war against extremism. Blah blah blah tax cuts blah blah blah freedom…blah blah blah spread of liberty.

Did I miss anything?

Realistically he’s lost all the Democrats and all the independants that he’s going to lose. To drop any lower, he has to start pissing off people who are officially Republicans. And as that’s the case, I’m all for him going to 23 percent.

You forgot to ask the OP why he hates America. Traitor.

Congratulations Bush!

I had my doubts there for a while, but I knew you could do it. :slight_smile:

Guilty.

Me, not OJ.

Okay, me and OJ.

I’m not saying I killed anyone, I’m saying I’m guilty of opening the thread to check on…

Great. Thanks. Now OJ is probably going to make a beeline here straight from the nearest golf course…

-Joe

That’s already happening, with any number of our own conservatives on this board being quite vocal about how he’s fucking up, along with a few Congresscritters on the ® side of the aisle.

Everything changed after Nine Eleven.

Not unless there’s a slasher movie convention where he can sign autographs on the anniversary of the verdicts.

Which Simpson insists on being the one to cut.

I mean, Simpson is a completely reprehensible human being, but you almost have to admire the total “fuck you” attitude that signing autographs at a slasher convention after knifing two people to death embodies.

Way to go GW. Another 2% drop in a week. I think this time he actually lost some of the Far Right over Harriet Miers nom.

[QUOTE=Kimstu]
You forgot to ask the OP why he hates America. Traitor.[/QUOTE

He also doesn’t care that our young men and women are dying to protect his right to say those things!

Sounds like he’s finally done that by nominating Miers. Some important Senate Republicans are noncommittal, and the religious right is upset. And the reassurances James Dobson has given about her haven’t really helped, since they’ve probably given more ammunition to Democrats.

Dubya says god himself told him to do what he does, but now that OJ is mentioned, I remembered this:

Heh, did anyone read Ann Coulter’s latest column? Ann fucking Coulter is tearing Bush down. She made reference to his former substance abuse problem! AMAZING!

I think the End is near.

Good lord, he’s already got 1 in 10 Republicans willing to say aloud that they aren’t pleased.

I believe her specific reference was something about Bush boozing it up in the 80s while conservative organizations like the Heritage Foundation were grooming all these right-wing legal scholars to one day be ready to be nominated to the Supreme Court, but instead they got Harriet Miers.

The Pale Horse!! :eek:

I never thought I’d see the day.

Actually, I did. Its not uncommon for those with an ad hoc ideology to choose allies of convenience. In fact, its expected.

People make a big mistake when they assume that playing on the same team means people are on the same side.

Which begs the question of whether Republicans are now just realizing Bush is a horrendous President, or if they think he’s still their guy.