What is the backstory on the 'You stole my cloudsong' MMORPG incident?

Every now and then I come across this audio clip (some people have even made flash movies based off it) of “You stole my cloudsong!”.

I don’t know what game it is from, or the exact circumstances of the incident. Basically there are mainly 2 guys in voice chat, with one guy having an embolism over someone else stealing his cloudsong. The other guy is really calm and trying to calm the guy down. The best I can figure is that this guy wanted some very rare item, didn’t get it, and threw a huge fit over the whole thing.

This particular MMORPG incident, unlike Leroy Jenkins (another funny story) is interesting because of the sheer humiliation this guy is subjecting himself to. It just floors me how he would go off like that, mainly because online gamers can be the vindictive sort when crossed.

I have a pretty thick skin, but at the same time I don’t enjoy being made fun of. Sure I yell and scream sometimes when I’m getting worked up in a game and taking it too seriously for a moment. However I always make it a point to be alone, out of earshot (and no microphone) of anyone.

No idea but I did some googling and This is a cloudsong from Dark Age of Camelot.

I’m guessing that’s the item in question. Haven’t gotten anymore clues about the guy’s meltdown, though.

It’s apparently a rare item that only drops off a specific enemy a couple times a day, hence the alleged meltdown.

Alledged, as there’s talk of it being staged here.