Some Firefox questions/annoyances

Hello all! I’m a former IE user who switched to Firefox around version 1.0 and I haven’t looked back. However, Firefox isn’t without its flaws and I’m hoping some of the folks here might be able to help with a couple of them.

1. Is there a way to increase the menu delay in bookmarks? I find that if I move my mouse away from a menu for more than a second the menu closes. IE seemed to have a longer delay time and it’s more of what I’m used to.

2. Firefox still asks me what kind of program I’d like to use despite me telling it to open pictures with ACDSee, videos with VLC, etc. Is there any way to stop the program from asking me every time?

3. The icons in the favorites menu get mixed up sometimes. I have a message board bookmarked that is most definitely not in any way, shape or form affiliated with Yahoo. But it has the big red Y! for a symbol. I can’t find any obvious way to change this symbol to the default again.

Thanks in advance!

For #3 try going to the page, deleting the bookmark and then bookmarking the page again.

For #2 try going to one of those files you’ve saved to your hard drive and making sure it’s set to open with the program you want. For example, find a video and right-click it and under properties select “Open with…” and then choose the program you want to open that file with. This should get most programs to recognize your selection.

For #1 I have no idea…

Also for #3 try the Favicon Picker extension.

I can answer number 3. If you click on a bookmark and go somewhere else at just the right time the favicon is permanently changed to that of the other site. You can fix it by deleting the bookmark and making a new one. Just a quirk of the program, I guess.

This extension doesn’t work with any realease of FF after 1.0. Hasn’t been updated in a long time.