I am Og - Visa fears me.

I won, I won!!!

I forced Visa to pay me a penalty fee.

Yep, I charged them $39 for an error on their part. The best part is that the error cost me nothing.
Jumps up and down screaming, “Woot, woot.”

Man this is great!!! Just slightly below the feeling of viril manliness I had after getting laid the first time. Ms Hook’s going to be happy when she gets home.

How did you do it, and what was the error?

The short story is that they took out my autopayment twice. Okay, accidents happen and it wasn’t going to make me bounce any checks. I wasn’t mad figuring I’d get it back just as soon as I drew their attention to it.

But, they then had the nerve to tell me that they couldn’t give it back for 7 to 10 days.

“…and the horse you rode in on,” was my answer. Went on to tell them that since they charged a late payment fee for accidents on my part I was charging a, “Highhandedness and Insult,” fee on them, plus interest at 21%.

I’m retired and this sort of pissing match is meat and potatos to me.

Several days of calls (800 numbers so no charge to me) and probably 5-6 hours of their time listening to me explain how I wasn’t going to go away, they already had far more than the amount I was demanding invested in this, and that I was getting ready to move on to phase two (letter writing - newspapers, board of directors, BBB, various managers who had nothing directly to do with the matter and would resent being bothered, etc) I got far enough up the food chain where they didn’t want to fool with me anymore.

I didn’t get the interest, which was a long shot. But that’s okay, it was only to give them a point to win on in the first place.

Man, what a great feeling.

Yep, me and David standing there pissing Goliath.

Just in the interest of 100% accuracy, and the fact that I’m employed in this industry – I bet your dispute was really with the bank that issued your credit card, and not with Visa per se. But rock on, dude.

No, it was the credit card company’s error all the way.

I bank with Bank of America and have their Visa card. The card company admitted right up front that they had had a glitch with a large number of automatic payments coming out on the 1st. Which didn’t bother me a lot. I worked as an accountant and understand that shit happens. It would get taken care of.

When I first talked to BOA they offered to give me the $39 just to save the hassle.

But what fun would that have been. I don’t give a hoot in hell about the $39 (nor was I worried about the $3,000+ that they pulled out of my account twice, I knew they’d reverse the charges). But I was bothered about the 7 to ten days. So off to war I went.

Lemme 'splain…Visa is a consortium of member banks, created to handle electronic communications between merchants and banks; establish rules for merchants and banks on how transactions get handled; and do marketing. It’s a shadowy organization that has no direct contact with cardholders.

Banks issue Visa cards, and merchants decide when to automatically charge your Visa card. Your dispute was either with the merchant or with B of A.

Well hush my mouth and slap me silly, you learn something new everyday.
But nonetheless, I, little me, Mr. Joe Sixpack, have slain the evil beast that had been laying waste to the hapless villagers. Virgins everywhere are throwing themselves at my feet. In an hour I’ll give them the most fantastic 30 seconds of their young lives.

I perservered though countless layers of naysayers, lackeys, nattering nabobs of negatitivity to the holy grail.

My name is legend.

Sounds like a pitiful way to spend your retirement.

It’s too windy up at Heavenly to ski. A little wet to take the Bike out for a spin. Bowling night is Thursday. We did go see Benjamin Franklin speak last night at the library. That was a hoot. The guy was great though he did look more like the man on the oats box. I’m a little burnt out on working on my book for the moment. I’ve done all in the yard that I can do right now, though there is a bunch of pruning on the fruit trees yet to do. Ms Hook and I are taking off for the coast Friday, just drive around and see the sights.

I got plenty to do, the days are full. And don’t underestimate how much fun I had with the whole thing.

Ah, a cranky old man! In that case, there are some kids on the sidewalk that need yelling at. Have fun.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Point me attem. For a small fee your street will be urchin clear for at least 6 months.

I just got Allstate Insurance to reimburse me for 4 bounced check fees from my bank plus the NSF fees the merchants charged me because they took 6 months worth of home owners insurance premiums out of my checking account even though they received notice in writing from me that I was no longer the owner of the house I currently reside and was no longer liable for insuring the house. My soon to be former insurance agent insisted he could not cancel my home owners policy till he had notice that the house was insured by another insurance company. I complained to the state insurance commisioner and yesterday MSTBFIA received notice from the commisioner’s office that they would be investigating his business practices. I had also sent letters to my state’s attorney general and the president of Allstate, I haven’t heard back from them yet. Tomorrow my wife will be visiting the MSTBFIA’s office and she said she isn’t leaving till she has a check in hand.

Back in the early 70s we had an insurance agent who cashed our checks and simply kept the money. I forget how we found out about it. But as pink petered young boy I meekly accepted his apology and paid the next 6 montsh premium.

Today I would braid his testicles and wear them as tribal totem as I danced, screaming my victory song, waving his bloody pubes, around the CD player.

I’m glad to hear you are taking steps. I’ve had enough of this crap.

You rule!

The same thing happened to my first husband and I. We found out when an uninsured driver hit our truck. The company told us no proof, no insurance. We has a hand written reciept, but they wouldn’t honor it because it didn’t have their logo on it. The agent had “moved on”
I always thought we should have persued it more, but being 19 and 21, we believed the “grown-ups”

I think January 11th should be declared a National Holiday.

>>high-fives SandyHook<<

Well done!

Don’t listen to Dag Otto, he’s just jealous. That’s champion, that is. You indeed are the stuff of legend. Well done, sir.

Hmmmmmm, okay. I appoint Zebra to head up a national movement to get this done.
In the meantime Zebra do you mind if I use that as a signature?

You mean it’ll take less time to finish as I get older!?!? Aw crap.