How do gymnasts avoid wedgies and cameltoe?

You know you’ve wondered. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t thing they’re avoided as much as it is an accepted occupational hazard.

Spray adhesive.

I accept that as an answer to the wedgie portion of my question. However, as a chick, I’m thinking it’s not a likely solution for the cameltoe issue.

Those leotards always looked to me to be padded in the crotchal area. That would prevent camel-toe as well as cutting down on impact during beam exercises.

Fun fact that I heard but can’t back up after way too much googling: it’s against the rules to “adjust” in mid-performance.

I once dated a gymnast. That is the answer she gave me. Though I am male, and as such have a tendancy to stop listening before people stop talking… I may have missed a detail or two.

I found the adhesive! Still no clue about the cameltoe.

See? You wondered too! I’ve been through a bunch of leotard sites with no mention of padding and I can’t find padded underwear either. Maybe it’s one of those things you have to be “in the family” before they let you in on the secret padded underwear manufacturer.

Well, of course. Difficulty is low and execution sucks.

You lucky dog. :smiley:

Oh yes, I know. I was there. She was also a cheerleader, and a stripper.

Anyway…enough about my exploits.

Must… Fight… Urge… To… Google image…Gymnast + Camel toe…
Awe who am I kidding…
Off to google I go.

That might be what the Sticky Buns Kit website (the one CrashBamSplat! linked to) is talking about when they say this:

Maybe the “dilemma” is the choice between finishing your routine with a big wedgie or losing points by trying to pick the leotard out of your buttcrack.

This could be avoided by doing it nude.

I’ll be in my bunk.

Cathy Rigby was an advocate of nude gymnastics at one point. In the August 21, 1972 Sports Illustrated magazine she had her pic on the balance beam nude. Then, she started selling maxipads.

Jackpot!!

Did her father own a liquor store? That would be the Progressive.

I was wondering if she had a twin. Now that would be awesome.

According to certain websites… they don’t.