Too many stickies

Don’t you think there are to many stickies on this forum? It’s almost half the page.

Could some of them be merged into a single message? eg a technical issues FAQ combining

• Why is this website slow?
  • Search IDs expire too soon
  • FAQ - technical issues - please read this BEFORE posting a question
  • PLEASE READ - for those who are being logged out unexpectedly

Posting guidelines FAQ which combines

• : Beginner’s Guide to Glossary of Terms on Straight Dope Message Boards
  • FAQ - guidelines for posting at the SDMB

Subscription FAQ combining

• How to subscribe
  • Please be sure your email is up-to-date
  • SDMB registration agreement as of 12/5/2005
    Do we even need a sticky telling us that the SDMB is switching to paid subscriptions anymore? It was years ago. Everyone still here knows it. Why not un-sticky it and let it fade away?

Hey, you’re right! Perhaps they can make a sticky out of this thread to warn others!

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Hear, hear!

It’s a nuisance having to scroll right down the page to get to the first non-sticky. If we get many more of them they’re going to push all the other threads to Page 2.

What about a heads-up notice at the top that all important stickies can be found at the foot of the page or something? Not ideal, I know, but there has to be a better solution than this.

It was done recently in Cafe Society, and it’s really great.

Peter Morris
Didn’t you see the “stickie” at the top of the page that stated “Don’t make any posts about stickies until you click on this stickie” ?

I think that we should have an “All Sticky” forum. Set it up so that every thread automatically becomes a sticky, no matter who posts it.

Hamster Killer
Qu’est-ce que c’est?
Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far far better
Run run run run run run run away
Hamster Killer
Qu’est-ce que c’est?
Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far far better
Run run run run run run run away

We started working on it some months ago, and then it got put on hold for a variety of reasons (Real Life can be so intrusive.) I promise to take it up again in the next few weeks, thanks for the reminder.