I MPSIMS my cat

There I am, just minding my own business, when she deliberately and maliciously (with a twinkle in her eye) reaches out and knocks over the bottle of water sitting on the end table, soaking the love seat, pillows, and my shirt.

She had the good grace to run away, but then she comes back looking far too cute to chastise.

Not the first time she’s done this either. Dang you Desdemona, dang you to heck!

I have a tall cup (I got it years ago at an A&W restaurant) that is almost large enough for my cat to fit his entire head into. He generally starts to have problems at about the ears. Anyway, the cup is sitting here by my computer with a little bit of water at the bottom from melted ice. He decides he really, really wants this water. So he goes and tries to stick his entire head in far enough to get to it. He just can’t fit. So he backs out, spinning the cup a bit as he removes his head, and keeps trying. I think he did it about a dozen times while I’m sitting here cracking up. Eventually he manages to knock the cup over, spilling a fair amount of water all over my desk. At this point, of course, he no longer wants the water.

I love your cat fachverwirrt - the first pick is adorable, the second one looks like she’s being eaten by the chair monster and the third like she just farted in your drawers.

My cat goes for the water glass to get attention so we’ve changed to waterbottles!

Admit it - you were neglecting to adore her the moment just before she went for the water bottle, weren’t you? It’s obviously your fault (she’s too cute to be at fault for anything).

I agree with InternetLegend - that cat is much too adorable to ever be at fault for anything. Shame on you!

InternetLegend and SnakeCatLady: you’re right; I am ashamed. To demonstrate the error of my ways, she has kindly torn up the carpet a bit more, unrolled some toilet paper, and ripped open her sister’s food bag. I shall cancel my plans for the weekend and shower her with well-deserved affection.

That’s probably best, fach. My cat starts using my door jambs as scratching posts when she wants me to chase after her. Brat.

The hell is she doing?

She appears to be employing the time-honored attention-seeking strategy of “I’m so weak and helpless and boneless that this horrible chair is eating me! I must have ear scritches now or I shall perish!”

You have an orange female? They’re really rare-only one in four hundred orange cats are female.
My Buffy is another who likes to act all cute, even when she’s in serious trouble.

:smiley:

She lies anywhere and everywhere and always molds and expands to fit whatever space she’s in. Here’s one of her using both cat beds.

(I’m sort of feeling sorry for her big sister, who is suffering from the typical neglect due to a new sibling coming along, magnified by the fact that she is very well behaved.)

You have a well-behaved calico? Good show! (Well, my Feather is often well-behaved, but calicos do seem to have, let’s call it a lot of personality. :smiley: )

Do you have a cite for that? Most of what I can find seems to indicate one out of three or four.
Linky
Apparently the really rare ones are long-haired orange females, but that’s still only about one in a hundred.