Names of Two Actresses That Are Mistaken For Each Other

I am working on a story and I need some assistance. I am not really into movie and such, to make it a short story, I just need the names of two actresses that are often mistaken for one and other.

It can be from older days like 30s or 40s I just need the name of two actresses that were often mistaken for each other.

I guess two actors could work too.

Anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley.

Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine. You’d almost think they were sisters!

:wink:

If you watch enough of their work you can tell them apart, but casual viewers at one point frequently confused:

Kelly Rutherford and Elizabeth Mitchell.
Sasha Alexander and Lisa Edelstein. (they look less alike now than they did five or so years ago when they were on Dawson’s Creek and Felicity respectively)

Even though I can now tell them apart, I think either pair would be great in a movie/show as sisters.

I’ve often thought that the career of actor Shepperd Strudwick may have been influenced by his resemblance to the better-known Joseph Cotten. I’ve often mistaken one for the other when watching old movies.

Jeff Daniels and Bill Pullman.

Heck, throw in Bill Paxton.

I bet I’m not the only person who thinks Skeet Ulrich looks a whole lot like Johnny Depp.

Joey Lauren Adams and Renee Zellwegger.
Michael Madsen and Tom Sizemore.

Janel Moloney and Emily Procter
Joan Cusack and Elizabeth Perkins
Anne Bancroft and Patricia Neal
Annabeth Gish and Jorja Fox

Meg Ryan and Melanie Griffiths
Jaoquin Phoenix and Rufus Sewell

Erika Christensen and Julia Stiles

I can never keep Margot Kidder and Karen Allen straight.

Your question makes me think of the restaurant scene in “Pulp Fiction” when Mia says there are two Marilyn Monroes and Vincent says…

When I saw Forbidden Broadway a number (like, 20) years ago, there was a song sung to the tune of “I like it Here in America,” with the lyrics “My name is Chita and not Rita,” referring to people constantly confusing Chita Rivera and Rita Moreno.

If it’s a straight name confusion, I always have to stop and think about the difference between Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchard.

Lesley Ann Warren and Susan Sarandon are strikingly similar in appearance.

Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman

Julia Stiles and Sophia Myles

Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen

Alyssa Milano and Jennifer Love Hewitt .

I can never remember whether it was Ashley Judd or Charlize Theron when I think back to certain movies…