Actors/actresses you think are the same person

Until I looked them up on IMDB, I had no idea that John Corbett and Paul Rudd were different people. I thought that the guy in Clueless was the guy on Sex and the City was the guy on Friends was the guy in My Big Fat Greek Wedding…and so on.

My roommate had a similar issue with Tilda Swinton and Cate Blanchett.

What other actors/actresses (and I guess musicians, too) did you think were the same person until you learned otherwise?

Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman are really the same person.

Charles Durning & Brian Dennehy

I intitially thought the daughter in Traffic was Julia Stiles. Turns out it was Erika Christensen, and many people have confused the two.

Tommy Lee and Tommy Lee Jones. Jerry Lewis and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Julie Warner and Maura Tierney.

I also saw Dragonslayer recently and I could’ve sworn the girl was Maura Tierney. Nope - Caitlin Clarke. Tell me she didn’t look just like Maura Tierney in that movie.

Helen Hunt and that other actress who looks a lot like Helen Hunt.

Heh. Leelee Sobieski

Leelee Sobieski looks like a young Helen Hunt.

We used to joke that Skeet Ulrich was “the poor man’s Johnny Depp.”

The first time I saw Leelee Sobieski, I thought she was Helen Hunt. I am still struck by the resemblance.

Another uncanny likeness is shared by Jeff Bezos and Kevin Spacey.

I thought Julia Stiles was Kate Hudson.

[QUOTE]
Tommy Lee and Tommy Lee Jones. Jerry Lewis and Jerry Lee Lewis.{/QUOTE]

That would be Tommy Lee Lewis.

Julia Roberts and Monica Potter. They even sound alike.

And Hilary Swank in “Boys Don’t Cry” was a dead ringer for Matt Damon.

Jerry Doyle (Garibaldi from Babylon 5) is also known as Bruce Willis. Definitely the same guy.

I saw Jerry Doyle at a science fiction convention once. He joked about his resemblance to Bruce Willis. He said he was expecting that some day he’d run into Demi Moore at a darkened bar, and sparks would fly.

I was just checking out at the supermarket and I was wondering why they used Brittany Murphy as the cover model on this month’s Cosmopolitan but didn’t mention her name on the cover. Then I saw they did mention Scarlett Johanson’s name and realized I had mistaken who it was.

Here’s the picture.

For that matter, I consider the Bruce Willis character in The Fifth Element to be essentially Garibaldi in a different job.

Now I think Scarlett is way prettier than Brittany Murphy, but YMMV.

Heather Thomas and Heather Locklear.

I agree. So why would she want to be made up to look like Brittany Murphy?

I had this problem recently with Shane Brolly and Billy Crudup.

I was watching Coffee and Cigarettes recently and because I was refusing to believe Cate Blanchett was playing both roles in her segment, I had convinced myself that Sarah Wynter was playing the role of the actress, and Cate was playing the role of the dark-haired cousin.

I continue to have that Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton problem, and I’m glad I’m not alone in that.