Actors/actresses you think are the same person

Dennis Quaid and David Keith.

For the life of me, I cannot keep Matt Damon and Jude Law straight. I know they look nothing alike, but it was The Talented Mr. Ripley and it was downhill from there. To add insult to injury, that movie had both Cate Blanchett and Gwyneth Paltrow in it, another two who I switch up.

In fact, the whole blond actor thing throws me for a loop. All those white guys – Ethan Hawke (GATTACA with Jude Law), Ewan McGregor, Rick Schroeder, Johnathan Rhys-Meyers (Velvet Goldmine with Ewan McGregor) – look the same to me. If they are in a movie, I can clearly identify them. But ask me a week later who played what role, I always get confused.

Elias Koteas and Christopher Meloni were separated at birth I’m pretty sure.

And supposedly Jake Weber is not Tim Roth (I’d still like to see a DNA test though).

Not necessarily because they look alike, but more because my brain seems to have assigned them to the same exact locations, so I can never remember which one I’m talking about:

Gary Busey and Nick Nolte
Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman
Leslie Ann Warren and Susan Sarandon

Dominic West and Matthew Glave - so much so that I was absolutely certain that Matthew Glave (Glenn Gulia from the Wedding Singer) had played two roles in “Rock Star” - that of Chris’ brother and that of Kurt Cuddy. Struck me as bizarre until I watched the credits and realized it was two different people.

Daryl Hannah and Lori Singer.

Whoa—I thought that was Gwen Stefani.

Anyway…Tom Waits and Ron Perlman. I know, everyone thinks that. But still…needed mentionin’.

I used to get these two confused all the time, but not anymore, for some reason.

Karen Allen, Brooke Adams, and Margot Kidder.

I’m probably the only person to never get Bill Paxton and Bill Pulman confused. Why? Cause I HATE Bill Paxton. He is a crappy actor and is only in crappy movies (did you see Twister?)

Bill Pulman in LONESTAR! So that makes it easy. I mean, they don’t look anything alike, just have similar names.

So glad I’m not the only one who can’t keep them straight.

bouv writes:

> Bill Pulman in LONESTAR!

Bill Pullman wasn’t in Lone Star.

I know who Chris Rock is. I’ve seen him here and there. A few years ago I heard someone mention a guy named “Kid Rock.” For at least two years, I was just assuming these were the same person. Any reference I heard to Kid Rock (and granted, there weren’t that many), my mental image was of Chris Rock. :smack:

Jack Noseworthy and Lee Evans

It took me a while to figure out that Ashley Judd and Charlize Theron were two different women.

I recently bought the complete series of Undeclared on DVD and discovered that Charlie Hunnam is almost indistinguishable from Heath Ledger’s early roles.

And then there’s the triple-play of Renee Zellweger, Joey Lauren Adams, and Jewel.

For ages and ages, I could never remember if I’d seen Lee Marvin in a movie role, or James Coburn. I’d talk about Lee Marvin’s role in “The Magnificent Seven” or “The Great Escape,” then catch myself thinking, “Wait… that was Coburn,m wasn’t it.”

I can’t tell Jessica Campbell from Jena Malone - not that Jessica’s been in much, but the few times I’ve seen her I’ve thought she was Jena.

But Bill Pullman played a character named Lone Star in Spaceballs. :slight_smile:

Someone already mentioned them, but these two might as well be the same person in my mind: Nick Nolte & Gary Busey

I saw a preview of Pride and Prejudice and thought it starred Natalie Portman. It was Keira Knightley. I consider this an acceptable mistake, as Keira played one of the fake Amidalas in The Phantom Menace

Darn. I came in with two (Helen Hunt/Leelee Sobieski and Julia Roberts/Monica Potter), and both were already covered.

I’ll second (third?) that for the longest time, until I paid attention to the credits, I thought it was Susan Sarandon reunited with Tim Curry in Clue, not Leslie Ann Warren.