New Weird Al/JibJab video: Do I Creep You Out

“Weird Al” Yankovic has a new video animated by JibJab Media of This Land fame: Do I Creep You Out

The animation has really improved. The way the characters’ heads move around is very realistic- maybe that’s because, unlike the political figures being satrized in JibJab’s previous videos, Al was an active participant in this video. Presumably, they were able to scan/photograph the head of him and the actress playing his would-be girfriend in different directions in order to get the required positions.

Special thanks to the last guy in the police lineup for pointing this video out on his website.

OK, I’m pathetically uncool. What song is this a parody of?

And to me, the best part of this link was that it led to the discovery of the pants-wettingly funny Karaoke for the Deaf! :smiley:

It’s also not a flash anim per se, it’s rendered, so they can be a lot more liberal with filesize.

The song is a parody of Do I Make You Proud as performed by Taylor Hicks of American Idol fame.

Excellent video and a great song. The original “Do I Make You Proud” is one of those ubersappy crappy love songs and Al twists it into a creepy as hell stalker tune. Great stuff.

Outstanding. That is all.

Never heard of JibJab before, I’ll have to check out the rest of the site now.
I knew it was a parody of “Do I Make You Proud”, but only because, having bought the CD, I read the liner notes before hearing the song.

I’ve still not yet heard the original “Do I Make You Proud”, and had to be told that the original aritst was an American Idol person.

That explains the gray hair…

…and the eyebrows.

Heh, the “This Land Is Our Land” video is hillarious. :smiley:

I think the stalker guy is animated using Al’s face. Sure seems to fit his features.

I love the bit near the beginning with stalker guy hiding his face in the newspaper - you can see the inside article is titled “Stalker on the Prowl” and has his picture. :smiley:

Slight hijack - I about peed myself laughing at Shawshank in a Minute on the same website (warning: moderately not safe for work).

Gold, I say–pure gold!

I was worried whether my enjoyment of Weird Al would suffer because I don’t listen to very much of the current music he parodies on the new album.

I needn’t have worried.

The credits for the video credit Al as “Al,” and also credit his hair and makeup artists.