After about a year and a half of lurking, I’ve finally taken the plunge and signed up… depending on how much more of my life SDMB takes up with the added ability to (gasp) post, I may decide to become one of you.
Since watching Prince of Egypt on-demand last week, I’ve had a piece of classical music stuck in my head, which bears a passing similarity to Zimmer’s main theme. I recall that I first heard this piece on a tape entitled “Cossacks!”, but after visiting my parents’ house yesterday and coming up empty-handed after 2 hours of searching, I thought I’d resort to picking your collective brains on this one.
It sounds something like this:
http://www.designmonkeyltd.com/mystery_song.mp3
I’m presuming it was written by a composer from Russia or somewhere thereabouts, but that’s about all I’ve got.
I woke up this morning humming the song, and I begin to fear that my sanity may be at stake. Help me, SDMB, you’re my only hope!
-HM
p.s. I wasn’t sure if this belonged in Cafe or GQ, hopefully I made the right choice. If not, chastise me as you see fit.
“Procession of the Sardar” from “Caucasian Sketches” by Nikolai Ippolitov-Ivanov.
Welcome to the SDMB.
[QUOTE=Hugh Mongoose]
After about a year and a half of lurking, I’ve finally taken the plunge and signed up…
[/QUOTE]
Welcome! I like the name.
But this raises an interesting question: Is the sanity that has just been saved (assuming h.sapiens got it right) an asset or a liability around here?
h. sapiens, thank you thank you a thousand times thank you! Aside from the key and the triplet rhythm at the end of the phrase, it seems my memory served me rather well. I wonder if I could find an arrangement of this for piano…
And Thudlow, if something as simple as this could leave my sanity dangling on such a thin thread, I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before something pushes me over the edge. 
Thank you for the warm welcome! It’s quite odd to no longer be on the outside looking in, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.
-HM
[QUOTE=Hugh Mongoose]
…I wonder if I could find an arrangement of this for piano…
[/QUOTE]
Ask and ye shall receive
Now I just need that baby grand I’ve been planning to rent-to-own for my study… Got one of those stashed away too? 
Can’t help you there. You can always play this thing for free. Of course, there’s a reason it’s free. A really good reason at that.