What's the easiest way too kill myself?

I hope the mod doesn’t throw is one off, but let’s say I wanted to kill myself and feel no pain? A gunshot to the brain seems nice, but I hear it’s easy to miss the brain. A rifle wouldn’t miss, but I don’t know how I would angle the rifle toward my brain and still reach the trigger without arms that are three feet long.

Well, I know the easiest way to kill a membership

This is easily the creepiest GQ I’ve ever seen, bar none.

I really don’t see this thread lasting much longer.

A hose going from your exhaust into the sealed cab of your car is supposedly a peaceful way to go.

This takes a fair amount of time and I might imagine that you may choke a bit before your ultimite demise. Isn’t there an easier and quicker way, hands down?

Without access to medical supplies and knowledge, I suspect that there is no method that is:

1. Painless
  2. Non-scary (i.e. falling from a great height)
  3. Non-messy (not very nice to make people have to pick bits of you out of cracks in the furniture)
  4. Certain

Feel free to start a GD thread, but I fear that most of society doesn’t agree that the freedom of life and liberty bit includes the option to end it. Thus you’re not going to find anything but DIY methods, which will always be somewhat error prone.

You want easy AND painless? Geez, that certainly is greedy of you. Although I suppose if you fail, you can always just kill yourself.

I’m finding that, when compared to the potentials presented by other options, simply waiting long enough is doing it for me. Plus, if your co-workers are feeling particularly morbid, you can start a “When Will I Die” pool, although if they’re of a particularly malevolent bent that could be less than optimal.

Piss off Jack Bauer.

That doesn’t work all that well with modern cars.
A 1969 model year Chrysler with a 426 Hemi in, works great, but you’d best not try that technique in an '06 Civic. You might run out of gas before it killed you.

You could be present at the final, galaxy-destroying confrontation between him and Bill Braske.

Not exactly true. The Hemlock Society put out a guide to suicide back in the '80s. Seemed decently well-researched when I ran across it at my local Goodwill store.
Talk about irony… that’s as bad as a church sale where I picked up the UK Edition of Isaac Asimov’s book of dirty limericks, complete with a cartoon of a woman’s boobies on the front cover.

From howto pages it would seem the clean at-home method these days is over-the-counter sleeping pills (to knock you unconscious), perhaps augmented by alcohol (dangerous reaction, apparently), and a bag taped over one’s head (to suffocate), preferably with one’s hands tied in such a way that one can’t unconsciously tear at the bag. Sleeping pills alone have apparently been neutered for exactly the reason of suicides. That said, if your interest is more than hypothetical you might look at this or this.

And what do the recomend?

Really? I’m confused because I remember reading of a family which was killed recently by carbon monoxide poisioning. One of the adults had forgot to turn off the car after unloading groceries. It ran all night and the family was found dead the next morning. There was a shot on the news of the garage, and while I don’t know the model years, the two inside were newer-style automobiles.

Depends what the modern car is. If your driving a Ford F-350 Powerstroke Diesel I think it would do the job.

Big mistake. See, carbon monoxide paralyzes you before it kills you. So you get to know you’re being killed (which is not painless or pleasant) but can’t move to help yourself. Yes, a family may have died but they didn’t have a fun time while doing so.

Similarly with medications and the like; you can never really titrate properly so may just cause yourself untold agonies.

Besides, what with global warming we’ll all be out of here any day now, and from the sounds of it if you’re living near the Cascadia zone, your days may be even shorter than that. Might as well just wait for the inevitable.

Why not just taking sleeping pills or a tranquilizer first?

Another problem with medications is that if you fuck up and don’t take enough (or throw up before enough has entered your system), you can wind up worse off than you were before–i.e,. with brain and/or organ damage. I know a girl who tried to off herself with pills and wound up alive, but with serious liver damage.