24 Club Official Marathon

Hear ye, hear ye

Many are called, yet few choose to join up. Be one of them.

While charter membership in the **24 Club ** is open only to those who abstain from watching the show until the season is over, regular memberships are still available.

Any person wishing to claim a membership in the Club is welcome to do so by joining in the Sixth Annual 24 Marathon (granted, there’s a big gap where I wasn’t active on the SDMB, but the marathons have continued). The official marathon will begin on Sunday, May 27, 2007 around 8 or 9 AM Eastern Time.

If you cannot participate at that time, don’t sweat it. The only requirement for membership is that you watch all 24 episodes back to back within one 24 hour period. Skipping of commercials is permitted, for I’m making the friggin’ rules, and I damn sure will skip them.

Join the club. We want you!

KneadToKnow
Founder, 24 Club

You know what you could do, is start THIS Sunday (today) at about 10 am. You’d get through all the episodes you have taped by about 8 pm, just in time to watch the final two hours simultaneously with the rest of us.

Edit: I knew that didn’t sound right. You’d have to start LAST NIGHT at 10 pm. Too late. Nevermnd.

Wait, the final 2 hours are airing on Sunday night this week instead of Monday?

Edit: My DVR schedule still says Monday, May 21. I must investigate further. But to reply to the question at hand, yes, I could do that, especially since as it happens I don’t have to go to work on Tuesday. And if it were just my time and circadian rhythms to worry about, that’s exactly what I would do, but I’m still living in Soon-to-be-ex-Mrs.-ToKnow’s house and she’ll be marathonning with me, so it happens when it’s scheduled to allow Monday, May 28 (a national holiday in the US) for recovery time.

Well, I’ve looked at several sources, and everything I see still says the final 2 hours of *24 * will air starting at 8:00 PM EDT on Monday, May 21.

No, they are Monday – 8 PM eastern. With his edit, TJdude825 confused himself in the opposite direction. :wink:

You’d have to start tonight (Sun) around 10 PM – or later, given that you would fast-forward through commercials.

[ul]
[li]Kiefer still has the taste for human flesh he developed in The Lost Boys[/li][li]You can try to stop using a man purse, but you’ll never completely give it up[/li][li]Jack’s taste in women has *always * been bad[/li][li]The 25th Amendment will just never stop being a problem[/li][li]Women sent into hotel rooms to carry out a secret mission will *always * find a way to cut a guy[/li][li]Despite an amazing diversity in genetic types among Bauer men, first cousins wind up looking like fraternal twins (forcing the question, which Bauer actually fathered both Dim and Jerkua?)[/li][li]Jack is *never * wrong[/li][/ul]

I presume this means you’ve watched the whole of Season 6. So… what’d you think overall, in comparison with the other seasons?

I felt that there were far too many recycled ideas from previous seasons, far too many plot twists that phoned ahead to say they were in town and wanted to drop by, and not nearly enough women with curves.

I was happy to see that whoever wrote “it’s about brothers, stupid” in big letters at the top of the whiteboard in the writer’s offices got their wish. I had finally lost count of how many “brother” references they got in by the time Milo’s brother showed up.

And what the hell was with the homage to Die Hard all through the final episodes? Use the gun to stop the fan, crawl around in the ductwork, shootout on the rooftop, choke a guy with a chain. I know it’s another Fox property, but damn.

Yep – that’s been the general consensus among those of us in the weekly 24 threads this year. Writers are running out of ideas, recycling things too often. And the CTU soap opera relationships side-story was the least interesting of the subplots. (I found Tom Lennox at least kind of interesting by the end – I liked him more as a character at the end than I did at the beginning).

I’ve already posted my idea for season 7 in the Finale thread. Check it out. Particularly, I think they need a new setting – get out of CTU L.A.

last I heard, season 7 is gonna be in NYC. Anyway, I’m joining the club. Infact, I’m staying the hell away from serial tv completely next season, so there’s gonna be a lot of marathoning going on with 24, Heroes, Prison Break, The Shield, Nip/Tuck, and Dexter & Robin Hood (assuming they come back) come May 2008. Technically I did watch all of season 1 in 2 days so I’m somewhat a charter member.

And a dandy idea it is. It would have made an superb season 6, but alas, I fear the creative juices are running too thin to make it happen. Plus, it would seem too much like back-tracking to pick up a thread they realized too late they dropped.

I’m afraid I don’t give much credence to the idea that season 7 will take place anywhere other than L.A. The producers have shown to date no capacity whatsoever to make meaningful use of any locations other than those that let them eat dinner at home every night (or breakfast every morning, depending on what part of the day they’re shooting), and I don’t see why that would change this late in the game.

Much as I have enjoyed the show, I give 24 a 1 in 3 chance at being dropped before next season and even money at being cancelled during the season if it can’t carry it’s time slot.