"Dick in a Box" wins an Emmy

Linky

Sign of the apocalypse or finally, voters got it right? :smiley:

Why, the latter, of course.

I would like to point out that the entire dick in a box is a riff off of a Drew Cary show bit (watch about 1 minute in). The Drew Cary show bit was a riff off of the movie The Full Monty.

Thanks for posting that; it’s one of my favorite bits from the show and, as always, I almost died laughing. Too bad Drew looks like my dad… :eek:

That was fantastic! Thanks for the laugh.

Here’s a rundown of the series winners:

Rome (Cinematography, Art Direction, Hairstyling)

The Amazing Race (Cinematography, Editing)
Dexter (Editing, Title Design)
Saturday Night Live (Technical Direction, Song)
The Tudors (Costumes, Title Music)
Two and a Half Men (Cinematography, Editing)

American Idol (Technical Direction)
Battlestar Galactica (Visual Effects)
CSI (Sound Mixing)
CSI: Miami (Stunt Coordination)
Deadwood (Make Up)
Entourage (Sound Mixing)
Friday Night Lights (Casting)
House (Make Up)
How I Met Your Mother (Art Direction)
Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List (Reality Program)
L&O: SVU (Guest Actress)
Monk (Guest Actor)
The Office (Editing)
Scrubs (Sound Mixing)
So You Think You Can Dance (Choreography)
South Park (Animated Program)
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (Guest Actor)
30 Rock (Guest Actress)
24 (Sound Editing)
Ugly Betty (Casting)

Planet Earth picked up 4 awards (Nonfiction series, Cinematography, Score, Sound Editing). Other multiple winners were Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (5), Tony Bennett: An American Classic (4), Jane Eyre & When the Levees Broke (3 each).

There are also non-competitive Achievement in Animation awards given each year, and among the winners were Robot Chicken, Family Guy, Camp Lazlo & Moral Orel.

You guys got Velcro? :confused:

As for the competitive animation awards, the award for program less than one hour was the “Make Love, Not Warcraft” episode of South Park, and the award for program more than one hour was Camp Lazlo: Where’s Lazlo? Non-competitive Individual Animation Achievement Awards were also given to staffers of Avatar: The Last Airbender, My Gym Partner’s A Monkey: Big Field Trip, Class of 3000, Eloise, Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends: Good Wilt Hunting, and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy: Big Boogie Adventure.

And this American Express ad won Best Commercial. Travelers Insurance was robbed!

Where does one find all that animation? Guess I need to browse the listings.

Great song, glad it won.
However, the song will probably be performed by Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken on the show, and it just won’t pack the same punch.

Actually, they want Timberlake to sing it on the main ceremony, but they want him to change the title so it can be introduced without saying a word you can’t say on TV. NBC’s official YouTube video calls it something like “A Christmas Surprise,” which isn’t a bad alternate.

This PDF file from the Academy of TV Arts and Sciences (not to be confused with the National Academy of TV Arts and Sciences, which handles the Daytime Emmys) lists all the winners. The animation winners start on page 11. Only South Park and Camp Lazlo recieved competitive awards for quality- all the other awards were given to individual animators for their achievements, ten in all.

That would depend on who’s singing to whom! :smiley:

mobo85, thanks. The Cartoon Network. Makes sense. I don’t think I’ve ever watched it.

Ack! Camp Lazlo SUCKS ROCKS. As does My Gym Partner is a Monkey. Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy are kind of funny (and the latter had Death as a main character, which is fun).

I can tolerate My Gym Partner is a Monkey, but I’ll agree with you on Camp Lazlo. Hard to believe the same guy gave us Rocko’s Modern Life.

Not to bash on the technical Emmy’s, but when do the “real” ones air?

The 59th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards will air September 16 at 8pm Eastern on Fox.

Actually, it’s 8pm everywhere. Unlike the Oscars, the Emmys aren’t broadcast live across the country. Other time zones will get a tape delay.

If all the time zones but Eastern get a time delay, theoretically Timberlake could sing the song as written, and they can just bleep the naughty words. It’s much funnier that way. They probably have a five-second delay in the Eastern zone for accidental naughtiness, so why not?

“Step One: Cut a hole in the box…”

They never perform the Best Song winner at the Emmys (it’s usually a bit of a throw-away category, in fact; heck, Cop Rock won in this category!), but I’m hoping they make an exception this year.

Probably the most famous winners in this category come from The Simpsons: “We Put the Spring in Springfield” (burlesque house) and “You’re Checkin’ In” (NYC trip) both took home the award (though “Who Needs the Kwik-E-Mart?” lost to Trisha Yearwood).