"Dick in a Box" wins an Emmy

This deserves a Lifetime Achievement Award, imho.

Now I’ll have the song stuck in my head for the next week…

Those aren’t “technical” Emmys listed by ArchiveGuy above, those are some of the artistic awards.

Here are the technology and engineering Emmy Awards. The nominations will be announced in October 2007, and the winners will be announced in January 2008.

Technology and engineering Emmy Awards are given for things like “Pioneering Efforts in the Development of Spot Beam Satellites for Distribution of Local Broadcast Channels Directly to Home Receivers” and “Development, productization, and commercialization of video server technology leading to large scale VOD implementations.”

In all fairness, Walloon (since I know you bring this up regularly during awards season), even though you are technically correct about the terminology, “technical” has become a generally accepted shorthand term for the crafts/artistic/non-major awards within the industry. Heck, even Daily Variety uses the term on a regular basis (and though creative in nature, many of the categories involve a proficiency in a highly technological discipline: cinematography, sound mixing, effects work, etc.).

Speaking of Technical Awards, the Oscar shortlist has come out for this year.

And it should be avoided and corrected where found. Calling people like photographers and editors mere technicians belittles their artistic contributions to the work. And it bothers the hell out of the people in those branches of television academy.

Justin doing it live at Madison Square Garden.

Also these Emmy’s have the Outstanding Guest Performances for series. Not technical in the least.

It took me a little bit to figure this out. :smiley:

You don’t get it?

for the faint-hearted:

He’s keeping it up with his cock

get it now? :smiley:

No, you’re not getting it. “You guys got Velcro?” is a punchline from that Drew Carey Show clip linked above.

“Dick in a Box” was pathetically unfunny, IMHO, but on the upside, it’s nice to see that that Friday Night Lights, the best new show on television last year, got a nod.

Edit: even better than an Emmy was the fact that best damn comedian around these days, Patton Oswalt, gave FNL a sterling review on Pitchfork Media.

And We Do lost to a Marvin Hamlisch song from a Streisand concert. I guess the Stonecutters don’t rig every Emmy night, too.