Vaginal lubrication in prepubescent girls

Is there any difference between the vaginal lubrication of a prepubescent girl and an adult woman? Does a prepubescent girl have increased vaginal lubrication during sexual arousal?
NSFW—graphic female genitalia. You need to remove the space between the “h” and the first “t” in “http.”

h ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaginal_lubrication

Worst combination of thread topic and username. :confused:

[Moderator instructions]

I am posting to note that I recognize this thread has the potential for becoming a flamefest.

I am going to be monitoring it periodically. I request that no one respond except to provide strictly factual, medically-based information. If you do not have such information, please refrain from posting any other kind of comments in this thread.

Thank you for your attention.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

Since lowered estrogen levels during and after menopause result in loss of vaginal lubrication, I would assume that pre-pubescent girls, who similarly have low estrogen levels, have about the same amount of vaginal lubrication as menopausal and post-menopausal women.

[Moderating]

To reiterate, please from posting any information not strictly based in fact. That includes guesses, speculation, and anecdotes.

Thank you once again for your attention.

Colibri

My Mosby’s Guide to the Family Practice says “Genital manipulation to ease insertion of a tampon should be avoided because except for the statistically rare cases of precociousness premature females will not produce significant lubrication to ease penetration. In any case and in Practical terms if discovered such techniques should be discouraged and measures should be taken to treat the patient’s anxiety and reinforce the benefits of proper menstrual care. Thorough parental consultation is vital.”

If they’re menstruating, they aren’t really prepubescent, are they?

<mod>

Thank you, ECV for the medical view.

Question answered. Thread closed.

Whew.

</mod>