Battlestar Galactica 4.12 - "Revelations" (big mess o' spoilers)

Last episode of 2008 tonight.

(see note on episode numbering)

(character name spellings)

Spoiler policy: If it’s been aired, or if it’s pure speculation about future events, no need for a spoiler box. If it’s from a future episode, as revealed in promotional materials or interviews, or if it’s speculation based on same, put it in a spoiler box, and label the box as to the general nature of its contents so we can better decide whether or not to take the risk of looking at it.

Example:

On the Howard Stern show, Mary McDonnell accidentally mentioned that the “dying leader” will turn out to beMarky Mark and his sexy underpants.

Okay. Tonight’s show.

Preview. Major spoilers, though given everything I’ve heard about the episode, it’s impossible to say whether those spoilers represent the bulk of the show’s events or if something else even more amazing is on deck for us. Regardless, sensitive viewers should steer clear.

And one little non-spoiler teaser tidbit: McDonnell did mention in an interview that when she read the series finale script (which is shooting right this very moment), she was “blown away,” that it helped her “understand the entire saga,” and that she experienced “an incredible feeling of adrenaline.” She also said the script made her “excited for all of you,” i.e. the audience. So given that we’re heading toward a series finale centering on a known quantity (the arrival at Earth), the possibilities for which have been the subject of endless debate and speculation, it’s nice to know that it won’t be a predictable letdown. :wink:

Oh, and one more thing: That final episode may come in a super-extend-o length of three hours (no spoilers in link, but beware of user comments below story), which I would imagine the network will probably air in two chunks, a one-hour prelude and a two-hour blowout finale. So the last ten episodes may represent the equivalent of twelve hours of TV time. And that’s not even counting the possible “Razor”-like TV movies they’re frantically trying to plan. Or the “Caprica” spin-off series currently shooting, which McDonnell has gotten a peek at, and says looks great.

Man, it’s a good time to be a geek. :smiley:

Honestly, I’ll believe they find earth when I see it with my own eyes, and until then I’m expecting the unexpected.

I cheated. Scifi had the ep running all day on the site. So should I be sitting on my hands or what?

I know, I saw that when I went to retrieve the link for the preview. I resisted the urge to watch the episode RIGHT FRAKKING NOW :slight_smile: because I’ve got a friend coming over to watch it later.

The fact that you even have to ask whether you should sit on your hands, now … is that a good sign or a bad sign? Because I would think you’d simply preemptively say “I am now sitting on my hands because otherwise I’m going to explode,” if it were warranted.

I have been known as one of those people who doesn’t know when to shut up. Good thing (for you) work is keeping me semi-busy. I’ll still watch it again tonight since i got interrupted a few times.

I watched it, too.

I’m still high from the vicariously induced adrenaline.

Well, yeah, but they pay here wages… :slight_smile:

I remember reading that if BSG didn’t come back after the writer’s strike, tonight’s episode could serve as the finale for the entire series. So I am going to watch it with this in mind. I also heard that if this were the case, it would be, “the most depressing finale ever.”

Actually, I believe it is the next episode that was the emergency backup series finale. Which we will not see until next year.

I suspect this means that while now may be a good time to be a geek, in a few hours it is going to be a very annoying time to be a geek…

Aww…Damn! :smack:

Good gods, oh lord, oh sweet mercy.

. . . I have to wait nine months for the follow-up to that? HOW CAN THEY DO THIS TO ME?!

Wow. Earth sucks.

Yeah, that looked like justanother day at the beach in Vancouver :smiley:

Nine months? Really?

Holy…frakking…hezmana! what an ending…

that’s one way to continue the series after planetfall, at least they didn’t use the cliche’ed “Planet of the Apes” ending, although, to be honest, I was kinda’ expecting it after seeing and hearing the Geiger counter…

Wow. :eek: This should have been a 90 minute episode. Was anyone not expecting them to reveal recognizable ruins of some major landmark? :smiley: Was it just me or where those crosses carved into the stone in the background? :confused:

Damned, dirty apes!!!

Wow. BSG was… happy, for a bit. So wrong. So very, very wrong. That was creepy; I kept expecting another shoe to drop. Brr.

Also, anyone note: D’Anna said four of the Final Five were in the fleet. If the fifth wasn’t in the fleet, he or she must have been… on the Basestar?

I’m not sure.

What did they expect to find? A Caprica-like planet? If this is the future, of course Earth is destroyed.

:confused:

That would have been a good place to end it. Better if Diana and company could have been nuked, but One Can’t Have Everything. :slight_smile:

Holy frak!

[spoiler]Was that Manhattan in the distance? So they have traveled countless light-years to end up in Brooklyn? I’d be pretty bummed to. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would have chosen someplace a little greener. I hope they show a reason for picking that landing site. [/spoiler]

They dont seem to be worried about the remaining Cylons - and I hope they give us at least a glimpse of the Cylon homeworld before the series wraps.