Don S. Davis has died.

I remember him from two things. Twin Peaks and X-files.

His scene where he describes his love for his son, Bobby, on Twin Peaks is one of the great scenes in television acting.

I’m sure many know him from Stargate, though I never watched that show. It really does seem like a celebrity dies nearly every day now.

He was 65.

:frowning:

RIP Hammond the only true General of Stargate Command

Let’s not forget his short appearance as a dog show judge on “Best in Show”. RIP Don!

–FCOD

One of the most compelling characters on “Twin Peaks,” and that’s saying something. I have read TP fan material that indicates that he was one of the most gracious of the stars of that show.

Damn, that’s depressing. He was a good actor, and a surprisingly good artist, as well.

I heard the news from a friend of mine who also directed me to his home page to see his artwork. Very good artist, and from what he told me about meeting him at a con years back, a nice guy too.

Oh, that’s what I came in to mention. He really did seem to do a good job, just like a judge, in a very small role.

I don’t know the guy by name, but every time I see him in a movie or TV show I remember him as Bobby’s dad from Twin Peaks. Seems like he was often typecast as a military guy, but I think I also saw him in “A League Of Their Own” when it was on TV a couple weeks ago. He seemed like a real nice guy. Too bad.

Aww. :frowning: I saw him in X-Files and Stargate and he stole every scene he was in.

The celebrity death pool marches on, and this year has been a really tough one considering all the legends of stage and screen that probably weren’t in anybody’s pool who have left us so far. It’s heartbreaking.

Always enjoyed Mr. Davis on both Stargate series. I’ve noticed Richard Dean Anderson’s popularity has not waned amongst some fans despite his age (a holdover of their adoration for his MacGuyver days, perhaps) but he absolutely could not replace Don Davis’ character as the commander of the SGC, and Beau Bridges can’t hold a candle to Don’s commanding presence either. They tried several times to replace his role and nobody ever did it as well as he did. I missed him when he left the show and I will miss him even more now.

Godspeed, General.

I had looked up the film on the IMDb to see if they had a real judge in the role, and scanned down the list of characters looking for him. When I got to him I about slapped my forehead - duh, that’s General Hammond! He disappeared nicely into the role.

Oh NO! Major Briggs! I hope he’s not stuck in the Black Lodge.

That guy was awesome.

He also taught theater(until 1987), and held a PhD in it. I’ll miss “Hammond of Texas.”

Oh no. :frowning:

Rest in peace – I loved him in Stargate.

Dammit, that’s sad. I always thought it was cool that he actually had been in the military. If only they could have found a Tok’ra symbiote in time… :frowning:

I’m a huge Stargate fan. This sucks. I didn’t know he was that young.

Aw shit. I was just thinking about him this week, and how he’s one of those guys who isn’t a “huge star” but I definitely can call up his name (including middle initial!!) when I see his face. Loved him in Twin Peaks. Loved him in Stargate. Didn’t know until this thread that he was an artist, but he was a good one. This is so sad :frowning:

He’s on a rescue mission to get the real Dale out.