Movie ID: The Devil Plays Bingo and Wins

Okay, dopers, I realize this may not be the place for this, but I have remarkably vague recollections of a movie, and was hoping y’all could help me to identify it.

It’s a standard someone-being-chased-for-unimportant-reasons road flick, with the someone-in-question being rather hazy in my memory, but the chaser being Mephistopheles.

Heh. The only scene I really remember clearly is one in which the villian (The Devil, natch) is hot on the tail of our main characters. The Prince of Darkness finds himself somewhat short on cash, so he goes to a local bingo parlour, and proceeds to play bingo and WIN EVERY GAME.

I know it’s not a lot to go on, but I’ve seen you guy ID movies going on far less than this.

Thanks for your consideration. I return you to your previously scheduled mundanity.

mm

Did the devil also look like Elvis? I did a search on this and all I could come up with is a movie called “Highway 69” but I can’t find any information on the film.

Plot Summary for
Highway 61 (1991) More at IMDbPro »
A naive Canadian barber who knows US popular culture inside and out meets a flamboyant roadie who needs someone to drive her and her “brother’s” corpse to New Orleans. Chaos ensues after the barber agrees to drive her, the corpse, and the drugs stashed within all the way.

The end of that scene goes something like:

He’s walking away with his winnings (including a macrame plant hanger) when he’s confronted as a cheater. His reply is:

“You can’t cheat at bingo. You’re just a town full of losers.”

Man, the devil is a dick.

Moving this to CS from MPSIMS, however this is a reminder to everyone that the topic is over 10 years old.

I remember reading a review for this movie, long ago.

It also has a scene where the devil tries to buy a bum’s soul for 20 bucks.
“Twenty bucks? for my soul? What’s the catch?”

So no, I have no idea what the movie is. But i’ve always wanted to see it.

Post #3 told you what the movie is. I guarantee it.