High School Reunions: Most Changed Thing About You?

So tomorrow is my 20th high school reunion. GASP!

My hs bff is very concerned that I will dress too slutty (conservative christian high school, fwiw). That was NOT an issue when I was actually in school - I was a good girl.

I’m wondering what people will think has changed the most about me - hopefully it’s not just my size!

What would your high school classmates say has changed the most about you since those days?

wow - there’s been so much posting - this doesn’t even land in the new posts page . . .

Since the day…I have a much bigger beer gut and a lot less hair.
I’m still just as big an asshole, so some things have stayed the same. :smiley:

I have my five year reunion next Friday. It’s really hard to say what has changed about me because 1) it’s only been five years and 2) some changes are things a third party has to notice for you to realize them.

If I had to pick something, though, I’d say it’s my demeanor. I was voted class clown, but my humor back then was based more on spontaneity in the classroom. Today, my humor is definitely more dry and subtle.

I went to an informal get together summer we all organized on facebook. Apparently, we all haven’t changed a bit (although I have to say looks wise, that the women fared better than the men), and I am still as goofy as I used to be.

I was the kid that the teachers nominated for class secretary and the other kids in my class would all go - “who?” and i was sitting RIGHT THERE.

For me, the thing that most people notice is I dress a lot more conservatively than I did in high school. 20 years ago, I was a punk, a goth, the 1 person who stood out in a crowd – now I have kids and a job, so I tend to dress more conservatively. I still tend to stand out in a crowd, because even in a business suit, my personality comes through. Funny how working in a business environment, they frown on bustiers and motorcycle jackets as a fashion statement :smiley:

My 10 year is in the spring. Doubt I’ll go because it’s on the other side of the country and our first baby is due in March. If anything has changed, I’ve quit smoking, started dressing better, gained some weight (in a good way; I was underweight until my early 20s.)

I have been out of high school for JESUS H. CHRIST SEVENTEEN YEARS now. I’d say it would be my weight - I was a fat kid back then.

I’m much more self-confident than I was then.

I went to my 20-year in Sept. '05 and won a prize for being the least changed. At first, I was kind of pissed. I had long hair, short skirt and fancied myself pretty glamorous-looking (opposite of high school.) But my husband pointed out that it was because I looked way younger than everyone else and I was pretty happy with that.

I’m 41 and still get carded regularly and it ALWAYS makes my day!

Since I was the only kid in my class it’s hard to say. Seeing myself everyday makes it hard to judge these things.

I love when people are shocked that i’m 38 :slight_smile:

when I was younger, i looked a lot older. now that i’m older (and divorced and have a great bf and sex regularly) I look a LOT younger.

homeschooled?

Yep. Everyday is high school reunion!

I decided to skip my reunion a few months ago because I really didnt fit in. I was a wallflower pretty much and the people I hung around with were older by at least 5 years.

How I’ve changed? I finally figured out that I was actually pretty smart, witty, and creative - i just didnt know how to apply myself back then. The geekiness blossomed and I found out there were others out there like me… even more so that were accepting of me.

I found it amusing that many of my ulumni had to consult their yearbooks or fellow classmates because they didnt recognize me at all, and my name usually drew a blank. It really confused them when rummaging through my profile on Myspace, and made them even more curious =)

Don’t you get tired of spending time with those assholes? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ehh, I just hang out with the cool kid. :wink:

One odd thing changed about me…I’m taller. When I graduated a couple of years early I was 5’10" and about in the middle of the guys’ height range. Five years later I was 6’2" and the third-tallest.

Next year is my 20th reunion too. It doesn’t seem right, having spent more of my life a high-school graduate than I have as a toddler-elementary school student-high school student combined.

Oh yeah, that too. I left high school after 10th grade to finish at a college (I got a diploma, not a GED! I always have to explain that :).) I was probably 5’9" - 5’10" when I left. I’m 6’4" now.