What is your Myers-Briggs type?

Followup from GQ thread.

You may also indicate if you are a hybrid/on the borderline for one of the axes.

INFP here.

We did this one years ago. Mine is INTP which was one of the most common ones on the SDMB. “IN” types were vastly overrepresented.

INTJ

I tend to run INTJ at work and INFJ in my personal life.

ENTJ. I wonder how many Es there are on here.

Most times I’ve taken it I’ve been INFJ but the last time I was INTJ. The consistent characters were strongly represented.

I believe I was INTJ.

ESTJ although I’m borderline on P/J. I don’t remember what the letters mean any more I’ll have to look that up again.

ENTP

INTJ

ISFJ.

I occasionally score as ISTJ and it’s usually very close between F and T.

INTJ

ETA: odd that so many INTJs are represented; they are supposed to be only something like 2% of the population.

ENTP

ISTP here…over represented among pilots and engineers, of which I am both.

Am I the only ENFJ?

ENTP

INTJ

Part of the OP of this polling thread should be some way to determine the answer, or even an explanation of what a “Myers-Briggs” type indicator is. I’d never heard of it.

I Googled lightly and found http://www.myersbriggs.org, which while giving a high level description of how there are several dimensions resulting in a 16-box grid/chart of personality types that suggest different ways of processing information(?), there is no simple way to “take” this test. Meaning, a free online test that takes a short amount of time. It’s an administered test by a trained professional and which costs at least $50 or so. And these professionals are trained to do the test in an “ethical” way – which is rather ominous. What, in the “wrong hands” the test results could be harmful?

Why would I want to spend the time and money do this? What exactly is finding out my M-B type supposed to help me determine?

Or is it me this test is meant to enlighten at all? Is this some kind of evaluation that some schools, companies or agencies are requiring people to undergo as a prerequisite for employment or placement?

OK, I found a free online multiple-choice test to give a Jung/Myers-Briggs evaluation, at a site called humanmetrics.com.

My result: INTJ, 44/50/12/67, though I found several of the questions rather vague. For example, being “comfortable in a crowd” is ambiguous. I’m quite comfortable in a public crowd, such as a thronged street, and can hit it off quite well with random strangers in such a context. But in a “crowd” such as a large wedding party where I don’t know hardly anyone else, but many people do? That’s totally different.

FWIW it rates my best options for a career as “computer programming” and “management”, both of which describe my career history to a T. Also up there is “Natural Science”, which I have a hobbyist/layman’s interest in (my bookshelf has all the works of Stephen J. Gould, Oliver Sacks, Stephen Pinker, etc.). So I’d say there’s something reflecting the truth in the test in my particular example, though exactly how or why is obviously open for question.

I still wonder though – for those of you who knew this right off the bat, how did you get introduced to this concept?

Well, if the idea that dopers are smarter than the average bears is true, there ought to be a fair number of INTJ and ENTJ folks on the boards.