What national chain can I find Valomilk candy?

I saw a Food Network special on old candy and this Valomilk chocolate and marshmellow cup looked pretty good. I’ve kept my eyes open at the candy section when I go grocery shopping but I’m afraid that this kind of rare candy isnt sold in mainstream stores. Is there a big national chain that might have it? So far I’ve looked at Target, Vons, and Albertson’s but no luck :frowning:

Have you considered looking at the Valomilk web site?

My local Whole Foods carries them, IIRC.

Whole Foods! We have one around here! Thanks!

Cracker Barrel restaurants also tend to have them in their gift shop. Pretty overpriced, though.

Mmmm…Valomilk. We used to sell them at the Kum & Go store where I worked in high school, but that could be because my mother (who managed the store) loved them and stocked them because of that.

I vaguely recall seeing them at a Walmart Supercenter in Minnesota. Google them, and you’ll find some websites that sell them. I might have to order some myself.

Valomilk is said to have been invented by accident in 1931. One of the candymakers at the Sifers Company was in the habit of drinking the vanilla extract and one day he poured too much of it into a batch of marshmallow goo, which never set up. They filled chocolates with some of it and said, “Hey, this ain’t half bad.” The name came from Vanilla, marshmALOw, and MILK chocolate.