cornel wilde and leave her to heaven

In order to forestall complaints, I DID look up cornel wilde on the internet and what I get is Oscar Wilde and Joseph Cornell and one site on Cornel Wilde that claimed it looked up all the other sites and has it all, which just resulted in the little gray square going back and forth and no results. The rest of the hundreds of thousands of entries for cornel wilde are invitations to buy the tape, buy other movies, buy lots of other things. (In fact all the sites that have anything to do with movies are hopelessly cluttered with SALES SALES SALES,and 1) why oh why can’t the entire internet be organized with two buttons. One you press if you don’t want to buy anything, and the other if you do, which would save everybody a lot of time. 2) If there aren’t going to be any results, why doesn’t the internet just say so instead of just putting insane percentages down and having the gray square move back and forth for hours on end? 3) WHY ISN’T THERE A LAW AGAINST A PERSON OR GROUP OR BUSINESS PUTTING MORE THAN ONE ENTRY DOWN FOR ITS SERVICE? I believe that 99% of internet entries are merely billions of reduplications. You press on something and it’s not what you want, you press on something else, and it takes you right back to the one that was no good. 4)Anybody know anything about Cornel Wilde? 5) And what about that LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN movie which was on our local PBS station, one of the worst in the country (Chicago), which interrupts its movies that it so graciously provides us with by asking for an extra ten bucks in addition to all the other money they make from corporations and rich people and other contemptibles). I did get after a lot of work a review that said LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN was so lurid that it seemed like it was taking place on another level of reality, which is just why I liked it! The color! The beautiful actresses! The weird mother in her suits that thought her daughter was all right! The brother of Cornel Wilde that she drowned, who is never credited! Great stuff, so naturally one wants to know more. There should be a cult to this film. And Jeanne Crain and Cornel Wilde should have had longer careers.

If you’re getting Oscar Wilde at the top of your results list, you did the search wrong, or used the wrong searcher.

http://www.fansites.com/cornel_wilde.html

You can click on Cornel Wilde’s name and get his filmography. I most remember him from “Omar Khayyam” and “The Greatest Show on Earth.” I’ve never seen this one, though.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0037865

For actors and films, you can’t beat the Internet Movie Database.

Here are their pages for Cornel Wilde and Leave Her To Heaven

I agree that “Leave Her To Heaven” is a wonderful, if lurid, film.

don - I just wanted to congratulate you on finally starting a thread where the title ISN’T IN ALL CAPS. Thank you!

And if you’re talking about WTTW, I agree with your assessment. I gave up trying to watch “This Old House” because I never got to see a project complete from beginning to end. WTTW always disrupts its regular schedule for its pledge drives - they would stand a better chance of getting money from me if they promised to never show “Riverdance” again!

I don’t have anything to say about the movie, but I encourage those that have a problem with the shows broadcast by their local PBS affiliate to call the station and let them know. They are Public TV, and they want to hear from you.

Also, are you claiming that your other stations never have commercials? I volunteer at my local station because the pledge drives only take up 2% of their airtime, as opposed to 26% of the other stations time being taken by commercials. Sure, the pledge drives aren’t as entertaining as some commercials, but you can’t really think that there’s more time committed to them.

I’m trying to track down a letterboxed version on VHS for my permanent collection.