Lynchland: The Liam Lynch Podcast- any fans here?

Any fans of the Liam Lynch podcast Lynchland?

If you don’t know him by name, some “Oh, that guy!” references:
Liam Lynch was co-creator and co-star of the 90’s MTV Show Sifl and Olly.
He had some radio play with his song United States of Whatever, here he is playing it live with Dave Grohl on drums.
He did some work with Tenacious D, including directing their film Pick of Destiny.
He’s done some work with Sarah Silverman, including directing her film Jesus is Magic.
If you’ve never seen any of his video podcasts, I highly recommend them. They’re free on iTunes and you can watch them on his website liamlynch.net. There’s some serious funny going on here.

Music, animations, puppets- usually just him in front of a green screen he’s got set up at his house. Sometimes with guest appearances, often we see Matt Croco- his partner from Sifl and Olly.

The recent podcasts have been 20min to 30min episodes with a single plot, really self contained short films. These have been really cool but I don’t think they’re the best introduction. If you wanna check out the podcasts, I recommend starting with the early ones, which are short sketches.

Some highlights courtesy of YouTube:[ul]
[li] Here’s an animation he did for a spoken word piece by “experimental musician” Dan Deacon called Drinking out of Cups[/li][li] Liam interviews the Three Little Pigs[/li][li] Here we see him as a frustrated suburban goth trying to launch his music career by writing local T.V. commercials.[/li][li] I really laugh at these two flies Jerry and Pete.[/li][li] “Night Life” episode explores nocturnal animals including the Shock Worm.[/li][li] Liam Spends a Day with Ringo![/li][/ul]

Already a fan? What are your thoughts?
Never heard of it before? Try the Youtube primer I’ve put together here.

Using my “one bump” privilege.
No responses, so I figure we have no current fans but, knowing how tastes run on this board, I am sure we’ve got potential fans.

We certainly have Tenacious D fans and Sarah Silverman fans, any of whom might be interested in checking out the work of a close collaborator.