Christmas Horror Novels?

Not Christmas horror movies, nor Christmas murder mysteries, but Christmas horror novels. Know any?

While I know of a few short stories that are horror set at Christmas, I don’t know of a single novel that falls in the horror catergory rather than mystery. I fear it’s an unplumbed depth.

Christmas Coffin, by Michelle Lundy.

I Am Scrooge: A Zombie Story for Christmas, by Adam Roberts. (The title is a pun on Richard Matheson’s I Am Legend.)

The category is up for debate, but Santa’s Twin at least deserves consideration.

Christopher Moore’s The Stupidest Angel needs to be on this list. Great and fast read. It helps a little to be in the know about the denizens of Pine Cove, but it’s not a deal breaker.

Definitely go get The Stupidest Angel. Now. Run! (It was my introduction to Pine Cove and it didn’t detract one bit for me.) It isn’t just straight-up horror, it is laugh-your-ass-off funny too.

These aren’t quite novels as they’re pretty much written for young adults/ teens, but RL Stine’s Fear Street “Super Chiller” novels were the first thing that popped into my head:

Silent Night
Silent Night 2 - Which I think has the best cover of the series, and that’s what popped into my head.
Silent Night 3, ooh, I don’t think I read this one!

And I just saw this one by the Cover- maybe it has to do with X-Mas?
As I did enjoy the Cheerleaders’ series, but this one is just weird based on the cover:
Cheerleaders: The New Evil

Is Pine Cove the place from Practical Demon Keeping?

It is indeed. And The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove.

The Woman in Black begins on Christmas Eve as the family sit round the fire telling ghost stories.

Forgot to add: The Stupidest Angel also brings in characters from Island of the Sequined Love Nun and Lamb. All of which are definitely worth reading, but The Stupidest Angel is an awesome … well, tale of Christmas terror.

The Vampire’s Christmas by Joseph Michael Linsner.

Santa Steps Out by Robert Devereaux