Why do so many of my $5 bills have Spock on them instead of Wilfrid Laurier?

Is this a sign that i should live long and prosper or just that a large number of Trekkies who enjoy defacing canadian bills live in my area?

Starfleet regulations?! Mark my words. There will be NO PEACE while Kirk lives.

Spock travels in time a lot. Maybe it really is him on your fivers.

Weird. Everyone knows that Kirk & Scotty are the Canadians.

Where do you live?

Vancouver Area in B.C.

Kids nowadays! Wilf Laurier looks nothing like Spock. In my day we vandalized $5.00 bills to look like George Jefferson. I bet those kids don’t even know who George Jefferson was.

God, how US-centric I am - I was wondering what the hell was wrong with your five dollar bills that they didn’t have Lincoln on them. Sorry!

Huh…never seen that in Toronto…

James T. Kirk, Admiral (Retd.), U.S.P.S.F., was/will be (notionally) born in Riverside, Iowa, in 2233. It is William A. Shatner who was born in Montrel, QC, n 1931. Similarly, Cdr. (Eng.) Montgomery Scott was notionally born in Linlithgow, Scotland, in 2222; Jimmy Doohan was from Vancouver.

Sheesh! Next thing, you’ll be telling us that Spock was from Boston, MA, and played Shakespearean roles before joining Starfleet! :wink:

A descendant of Thomas through the Sally Hemmings connection, right? :smiley:

I haven’t seen any of these, and I live in Vancouver. It must be the work of the guy at your local Tim’s night shift.

Also - Hi, neighbor!

I’m in Saskatchewan, and I’ve seen them from time to time.

I haven’t seen Spock on a five yet. I’ll have to see what Jim has in his wallet when he gets home from curling - maybe before the night is over I will have seen it! :smiley:

Winnipegger here (Manitoba). I see them every so often, but not regularly.

Hello to you too, neighbour!
I was thinking that too except they don’t look like the same person did them.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/770/dsc01101un.jpg

Huh.

:dubious:
Maybe the artists hope their money will live long and prosper, not you.

Hee hee - that tickles my defacing soul.

I haven’t noticed any Spocks on my fives. I’m going to be checking from now on, though. (Victoria, BC)

Because Spock is awesome.

How did it take 20 posts to come up with the right answer to this one?