Hamas leader electrocuted by Israel?

If its true, how did they do it? Has any information been released on exactly what happened? How could they have done it?

Sounds very James Bond.

The OP is referring to this story. Very few details have been released, at least in the English language media.

It’s not completely clear that Israel did it. From Ha’aretz:

Of course, just because Israel isn’t #1 on the list doesn’t mean they didn’t do it. But it’s far from a slam dunk.

I am shocked anybody would even consider such a thing, much less potentially do it.

So perhaps is not real?

Ohm my god! Watt were they thinking!

Seems like a very ineffective way of killing someone. A healthy adult will likely survive electrocution even at 220v (which is what they use in the UAE). Additionally the article linked below says:

Oh! I only just got that. A belated “haha” from me. :smack:

Danny Costanzo: Try not to scrape the third rail, OK? There’s about 600 volts in there.
Ray Hughes: It’s not the voltage that gets you. It’s the amps.

It pays to keep up with current events.

Strictly speaking, it isn’t the amps that kills you either.

The thing that kills you is the amount of energy delivered within a period of time, so now you are into differential territory.

You could survive a flow rate of a million amps, as long as the time were short enough, yet a continuous rate of current flow of 40 milliamps might be enough to do you in.

Who would they charge with the crime anyway? There will be a lot of resistance one way or another, so they had better conduct a battery of tests.

It sounds as if we can rule out suicide.

These puns are revolting.

Probably an accident. Autoerotic asphyxiation in the tub, combined with a precariously perched electrical device.

And since the U.S. is a supporter of Israel, We’re all guilty by extension.

I’m sure they’ll find a lead.

Can’t they terminate the case by induction?

I think they need to find a direct connection. Was it the Israelis, or Arabs? There are grounds for both alternating current theories.

Please.
You need to be more grounded- just focus on the main idea!