Ok,Im new here,Carol is the name

and cattle mutes is my game,so is anyone?Game that is…:slight_smile:

Welcome to the board, carol nistri. I’ve moved this thread to MPSIMS (Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share) from Great Debates because this is where introduction threads usually go.
You say your game is ‘cattle mutes’- I’m guessing you mean mysterious cattle mutilations? Because I read ‘cattle mutes’ and thought some people were developing devices to make cows quieter.

harty har har,Im talking rip snorting cattle mutes,and I am not amused that this has been tossed onto a mundane heap,but nevertheless here we are.Now who do I talk to about this subject,Cecil will do.

This early on a Sunday morning, I am not sure that I am quite ready for “rip snorting cattle mutes”. Although, band name, and all that, so do carry on.

Hello **carol nistri. **Be welcome. Enjoy your stay. :slight_smile:

So… cattle mutilations… what about them?

Your right Savannah,its a nice quite sunday afternoon and here I am talking about cattle mutes.But Im addicted to the subject after reading the Rhommel report some years ago and Ive never quite gotten my fill of the subject.Do we have anyone here that disagrees with Cecil about its being natural causes?Or does anyone ever disagree with Mr.Cecil…

Hello, carol. The Master speaks.

I’m guessing that you disagree. So, let’s get to it–what do you think causes cattle mutilations?
There’s also a thread on this subject in the Cecil Column forum: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=560112

Low self-esteem?

Hi Carol! Cattle mutes, eh? Interesting game.

Thing is I dont know where anyone stands on the subject here,but I take it weve all read about them or seen shows regarding cattle mutes,so where do I begin,I havent a clue…looks around for a clue.Doesnt see one… oh,lets see here.

Soul Frost asked a direct question,what do I think causes cattle mutes.I dont know.Not eggzactly I dont,but do I think their aliens no I dont. However nothing fits perfectly does it.But saying this is natural causes is the very reason I got involved to begin with.Its like saying crop circles are nothing more then two or three bloakes walking around a field in Whiltshire England with some planks and ropes.Nopes,doesnt fit.Ive got to have someone play Devils advocate,anyone?anyone?

A cow dies out on the range. The first thing that scavengers, such as coyotes, eat are the soft and easy parts, like chewing out the anus and the udder. The vicera (guts) are the best parts for a scavenger, not the meat. Sometimes they chew off the head and take it away to eat. Birds pick out the eyes. Then flies and bacterial action trim up the torn edges until they look nice and smooth.

“Look at the surgical precision by which these parts were removed! The animal is completely devoid of internal organs! The udder, eyes, and tongue have been cut out and taken away!”

Who would do such a thing? Wiley Coyote, that’s who.

We must continue the fight for bovine freedom at any and all cost.

Are we talking about cattle mutilation or are we really discussing mute cows?

Cause mute cows would be interesting but cattle mutilation I expect would end up in woo-woo space alien land pretty quickly. Especially when “cattle mutes” and similar jargon is involved.

Anyway: Carol, welcome, but please note that not everybody here shares your jargon.

I imagine it goes something like this:

Dead cow in field. Eyes, anus and vulva gone.

British farmer: “Bloody lightning strike/low flying jets!! Bastard ravens!!” *shakes fist at sky and goes off to phone carcase collection service

American farmer: “OMG! Ssshhh! Be very, very quiet! The aliens are back!” :eek:

Or your keyboarding preferences.

Welcome aboard, all the same.

You say that cattle mutilations are your game, so I assume that you have some knowledge or speculation that you’d like to share. I suggest doing so in the other thread, though, since that forum’s more for discussion and debate about Cecil’s columns than this one.

And please, for the sake of my old eyes, space between sentences.

I’m going to go out on a limb here: not aliens. The government is responsible for cattle mutilations. Am I in the ballpark?

Why would the government cut up some random farmer’s cows on an open pasture, when they can just buy a bunch of them and move them somewhere less conspicuous? And if they’d need to test some specific animals for something, they could just make up a reason to get to the animals.

Some three-letter agency doing surgery on animals, practically in plain sight, using helicopters, is a bit like the USPS doing deliveries using tanks. Far too much show for no benefit at all.

ETA: And yeah, alien experiments are even more unlikely…