Post your mundane explicable stories here, and I will bunk them

Maybe you ordered lasagna at a restaurant and they brought you manicotti by mistake, and you actually kind of wished you had ordered the manicotti. Maybe you had a song on your head and later heard it on the radio. Maybe you thought of a friend and then got an email from them. Chances are you have had an only slightly notable experience with coincidence or even incidence, and failed to grasp its supernatural significance. Relate those stories to me and I wills speculate about the ghosts, psychic powers, or divine interventions that might have been in play.

I drove to my father’s place today. It was slow going, due to the traffic.

How come things are always in the last place you look for them? How do they know?

Why just yesterday, I was reading about a confrontation between Freebird Michael Hayes and the Horsemen. Then I needed to go to the store. When I cranked the car, the radio station I normally listen to started playing the studio version of Free Bird, which happens to be the same version Michael Hayes and the 'Birds used as entrance music before they switched to Badstreet U.S.A.. I figured it was probably just coincidence, though…

We are amused, cricetus.

Last night I picked up a computer game that had no price tag visible on the shelf it was on. I brought it to the nearby service counter and asked them to price it. One of the woman there said “That’s one’s probably 19.98.” I thought to myself that that I would have bet it at $30 - and then the woman pricing it said it was 29.95.

I think we can prima facie rule out the possibility that I just have some idea of what a given style of game tends to cost; what is the actual explanation? Am I psychic? Precognitive? Did I change reality and raise the price of the game with my thoughts (which would be kind of a bummer). Did God do it? Aliens? Tell me!

Bryan, some people have a kind of traffic magnetism that pulls other cars toward them in mysterious and unchartable ways. This is particularly heightened when you are emotional or stressed. Do you have a strong or powerful relationship with your father in some way?

Biffy, the object you were looking for was probably mad at you over some real or imagined slight (things have souls and feelings.) It is not so much “the last place you look,” as “not where you look first,” because the energy from the object confounds you until it is ready to be found. If you find yourself looking for lost things a lot, you may need to re-examine your relationship with the material universe.

Oakminster, it is likely that the universe is whispering to you that you are a bird that can’t be changed. The universe has a lot to say, when you listen. Are you currently in a situation where you can not do whatever you like all of the time?

Since “Cricetus” means “hamster,” I can’t take this flattery to be a mere passing thing, but a recognition of fellow nobility among burrowing rodents. Your highness.

The game itself is a being with soul and volition, and understandably went with the highest bidder.

Moved to MPSIMS from Great Debates.

Blast that thing, putting its ego over my financial needs. As punishment I’ll just have to beat it.

When I order a meal in a restaurant, chances are good that they’ll be out of it. Why do I have the magical ability to order the one food they’re out of?

I was walking down the street, and the street lights all went out as I passed under them, and then came back on.
(Oooooooh, no he d’i’int!)

I think it’s more likely that you are extremely susceptible to the emotional residue of other people who’ve eaten at the restaurant recently; you are most susceptible to the most-eaten meals, ergo, you are inclined to order something that was popular over the evening and/or last few days and for that reason the restaurant may be out.

I went to a Chinese buffet yesterday and they were serving pizza. Why? Pizza’s not Chinese. I was thinking maybe it was because pizza is popular but now I’m wondering if there might be a deeper reason.

There’s a theory that the body emanates some kind of energy that interferes with the streetlights, which is rubbish. The truth is that the lights blink in patterns that send signals to the mothership from the subterranean alien residents. I haven’t broken the code but I think a row of flashing lights means either, “here’s one ripe for the picking,” or “don’t bother; the brain’s not juicy enough.” Next time pay close attention to what happens immediately after the event; if nothing, it’s the latter.

It’s a mob thing. You don’t want to get mixed up in it.

I read a thread in GQ a few days ago asking why they need medical personnel to declare someone deceased when they are rotting and covered in flies and it reminded me of an episode of CSI:Miami where they find a supposed corpse covered in maggots, then the corpse blinks. So maggots don’t always equal dead but I forgot to post that in the thread. Anyway, a local station showed an old CSI: Miami Saturday night and it was the episode I had recently been reminded of by that thread.

So, just coincidence? Did the tv programmers read my mind and decide to air that episode? Or did they read the Dope and have the same idea I did and decide to air that episode? Is that the only episode they ever show in syndication (it’s the one where Horatio puts his sunglasses on at the end)?

I don’t have a job at the moment, but now and again I’ll do a half day’s work for this printer guy. This morning he called me and asked if I could do a half day’s work today. WTF?

Also, on my way to his shop I stopped to buy some biscuits called “Shirley” - the weird thing is, there was no further mention of anyone called Shirley for the entire day. I did type an invoice for someone called Sheila though.

My daughter is on vacation with her nanny. She called yesterday to tell me that when they went to visit her mommy’s grave it was the only one in sight that had wild flowers growing. Five flowers. She was so exited to tell me about it and was trying to figure out the reason behind there being five flowers. It was so sweet I had to choke back the blubbering while I was on the phone.